The Teacher is responsible for providing an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. This person is responsible for organizing and implementing an instructional program that will result in students achieving academic success in accordance with the center’s policies.
Main Teacher Duties & Responsibilities
- Implements instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Maintains effective and efficient record-keeping procedures.
- Provides a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis.
- Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment.
- Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and community.
- Ensures that student growth and achievement is continuous and appropriate for age group, subject area, and/or program classification.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with students, parents, and school.
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating workload.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 – $41,000.00 per year
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Summerville, SC 29483: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Associate (Required)
- Child Development Associate Certification (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Required)
Work Location: One location