Job title: Access Coordinator III
Company: University of Arkansas System
Job description: Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter “Find Jobs” in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position: Clinical Staff – Medical Ancillary Support
Job Type: Regular
Sponsorship Available: No
Institution Name: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
The safety of our team members at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is our top priority. For this reason, successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file with our Student & Employee Health Services dept. UAMS will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks (available for benefits eligible positions only):
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for qualifying staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
UAMS is an of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (501) 686-6432 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
At UAMS we value Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Visit our website to learn more:
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at .
Department: ICE | CORE PA Medical Access OPS PCP
Summary of Job Duties: The CABC Access Coordinator III Float works under supervision to function as a patient resource for all scheduling and billing questions and to facilitate comprehensive patient data collections, timely and accurate billing, and prompt collections of payment for services rendered facilitates scheduling coordination and conflicts.
- High School, GED, or formal educational equivalent
- Three (3) years of experience in customer service, registration, billing, or scheduling preferably in a healthcare environment.
- Good communication skills, computer/basic keyboard skills, telephone etiquette skills, and general knowledge of office machines including printers and scanners.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology required.
- CHAA Certification
- Experience working with EPIC system
- Schedules, reschedules and coordinates appointments using the hospital systems by performing visit notifications of patients.
- Conducts pre-registration as needed, inputs and/or updates accurate patient information.
- Perform ABN completion
- Responsible for blocking schedules as appropriate, canceling and rescheduling appointments as requested.
- Conducts insurance verification and benefits explanation by running eligibility on patients.
- Requests outside records and gathers outside medical records from referrals and files patient charts as needed.
- Conducts authorizations and pre-certifications.
- Tracks pre-authorizations and maintains referrals.
- Enters benefit and authorization information.
- Obtains, completes, and coordinates OON waivers.
- Maintains initial plan of care (signatures, etc.) and is responsible for recording daily and monthly statistics and communication or any medical records issues.
- Responsible for various maintenance reports i.e. bogies, work denials, open encounters, laser arc reports, canceled clinic reports, etc.
- Assist other teams as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary Information: $33,966.40
Required Documents to Apply: List of three Professional References (name, email, business title), Resume
Optional Documents: Proof of Veteran Status
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Recruitment Contact Information:
Please contact for any recruiting related questions.
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements: Annual TB Screening, Criminal Background Check
This position is subject to pre-employment screening (criminal background, drug testing, and/or education verification). A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Constant Physical Activity: Crawling, Crouching, Feeling, Grasping, Hearing, Kneeling, Lifting, Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding, Pulling, Pushing, Reaching, Repetitive Motion, Sitting, Standing, Stooping, Talking, Walking
Frequent Physical Activity: Hearing, Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding, Repetitive Motion, Sitting, Talking
Occasional Physical Activity: Crawling, Crouching, Feeling, Grasping, Kneeling, Lifting, Pulling, Pushing, Reaching, Standing, Stooping, Walking
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Expected salary: $33966.4 per year
Job date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 07:38:29 GMT
Click Here To Apply