Job title: Accountant II
Company: Dauphin County
Job description: Description
Dauphin County Controller’s Office is currently accepting applications for a full-time Accountant II.The duties and responsibilities of this position are to provide daily accounting functions for the Controller’s Office which include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performing essential accounting functions such as bank reconciliations, preparing financial reports, and coordinating accounting and financial matters with other County departments.
- Prepare and distribute daily and/or monthly department specific financial reports utilizing the County’s financial accounting system.
- Preparing and verifying Automated Clearing House (ACH) payments to vendors and governmental entities.
- Verifying the accuracy of journal entries with the Budget and Finance Department and to correct any journal entry errors.
- Performing and verifying the accuracy of monthly Row Office, department and agency bank statement reconciliations.
- Assisting with preparing payroll transactions and files including but not limited to County payroll, pensions, special checks, wage attachments and deductions.
Additional accounting functions may also include:
- Utilizing Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) for various payments.
- Perform post journal entries for Check Cancelations, the Escheat Annual Report, and sales tax reports.
- Assist with the preparing of the County’s Annual Comprehensive Financial Report.
- Aid Controller Office staff, Row Office, department, agency and other County personnel with accounting and internal control process improvement initiatives.
- Perform other related task as requested by the Accounting Manager, Accountant III, Chief Deputy Controller and Controller.
- Assumes some of the duties of the Accountant III in their absence.
The essential duties for this position are not limited to the items listed above, but include other Controller related duties as stated in the Pennsylvania County Code regarding the duties of the Controller.
Minimum Education, Experience, and Training Requirements
Associates Degree in Accounting or Business Administration or a related field; two or more years of experience in governmental accounting; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position. Must have a working knowledge of Windows/Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access in addition to other software as needed. A favorable criminal background check is required.
An excellent Dauphin County (County) paid benefit package is available to all full-time employees the month following 60 days of employment. The County pays 100% of the premium for the following:
Expected salary: $44096 per year
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Job date: Sun, 15 May 2022 07:56:13 GMT
Click Here To Apply