RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Matching of Accounts Payable invoices to delivery receipts and purchase order for allocated ledger.
- Checking invoice compliance, price, quality, location, account coding and appropriate authorization.
- Coding of invoices for payment with regards to general ledger account number and vendor numbers.
- Organizing invoices to be authorized for payment.
- Processing of Account Payable invoices.
- Determining if invoice is taxable or non- taxable and accruing tax if necessary to remit to proper state according to MD and NC State tax code.
- Preparation of accrual listing.
- Reconciliation of creditors statements.
- Compilation of remittance matching of invoices for approval of payments.
- American Express processing including review of general ledger account coding and expenditure for verification.
- Processing of personal expense claim forms including review of general ledger coding and expenditure for verification.
- Filing of processed Accounts Payable invoices and associated documents.
- Creation of creditor payments by EFT or checks
- Attend to general inquires and/or liaise with internal and external parties on all matters relating to payment of invoices answering all inquires in a timely and professional manner
- Reconcile Accounts Payable balance sheet accounts monthly
- Complete new vendor paperwork, set up in MAS90 and collect W-9 forms.
- Prepare and mail 1099s at year end per IRS standards
- Set up Sales Orders in MAS 100 and job costing.
- Prepare Sales Order invoices in MAS 100, sending emails to customers and filing in job book the paperwork.
- Prepare account receivable invoices in excel for customers not in sales order in MAS100, sending emails to customers and filing in Job book the paperwork.
- Prepare time and material invoices in excel for customers monthly to be keyed in MAS 100, sending emails to customer and filing in job book the paperwork.
- Record all accounts receivable invoices in excel spreadsheet.
- Distribute and file all account receivable invoices according to procedures established for each customer according to contracts
- Input Customer invoices in Ariba system timely.
- Assist with yearend audits as needed
- Back up front desk as needed
- Other duties as directed by the Controller
- To communicate directly with both internal and external vendors.
- To communicate directly with fellow employees
- Authority limits are specified in the RailPlan Personnel and Finance Policy and Procedures Manuals.
- Previous accounts administration experience.
- Ability to work to a strict operation timetable
- Ability to develop, nurture, and maintain sound relationships with supplier
- Superior written and oral communication skills with all levels of staff and external personnel.
- Proven ability to work unsupervised, be hands on team player, able to foster and maintain good working relationships, and display problem solving abilities, integrity, flexibility, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks, be proactive and professional in manner with a high degree of initiative, demonstrate interpersonal skills, and perform/contribute within a team environment
- Previous Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable experience, preferably in a manufacturing or long term contracting industry.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (especially Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Experience with Sage accounting Software MAS100 a plus.