Accounting Administrative Assistant Job Description
Position Reports to Financial Director
Employment Status: Full Time/Non-Exempt
The Accounting Administrative Assistant is responsible for maintaining the financial department’s daily, weekly, and monthly functions.
They must have a firm grasp of the mission, vision, values; and commitment to the beliefs and doctrine of
Word of Life Church is required; and shown in their conduct.
Essential Job Functions
- Works closely with the Financial Director and Chief Operating Officer to coordinate and complete projects on time (by the established deadline for completion).
- Responsible for getting financial data to the church’s accounting firm (DIME).
- Creates and maintains spreadsheets for financial reports.
- Assists with Deposits, Accounts Payables, Check Requests and maintaining Account Records.
- Assists with the process of distribution of checks and credit cards.
- Assist with maintaining individual giving records for each contributor.
- Supports Word of Life timekeeping systems and weekly time-keeping.
- Processes weekly contributions and funds and reconciles them to the bank account.
- Keeps all financial contributions information confidential.
- Oversee reconciliation of credit card statements in Nexonia (church software vendor).
- Reviews and codes invoices, check requests, purchase requests, and other accounting paperwork for accuracy.
- Trains staff on financial processes and systems.
- Collaborates with staff to comply with budgets and credit card guidelines.
- Performs other necessary and related work assigned.
Job Skills Requirements
- Highly Proficient in Excel, creating spreadsheets, and financial/accounting software.
- Adapts Easily to Change.
- Ability to handle multiple projects effectively.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in operating a 12-digit calculator.
- Proficient in using church technology (i.e., CCB, Monday.com, Slack, Google Docs).
- Ability to work at a fast pace.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience preferred
- 3+ years experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $21.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
We provide a work environment that promotes social distancing. Our employees still wear masks although the mask mandate has been lifted in Ms. We also have air purifiers operating throughout the facility that protect against Covid-19.
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Microsoft Excel: 3 years (Required)
- Financial Services: 3 years (Required)
- FINRA License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location