State of South Carolina
Job title: Accounting/Fiscal Manager I
Company: State of South Carolina
Job description: This position reports to the Associate Vice President for Administrative Services and performs managerial and expert-level professional duties in overseeing the direction and management of the College’s financial functions on a daily basis. Major responsibilities include financial accounting, compliance, banking and cash management, internal and external financial reporting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash receipts, developing and implementing related College fiscal policies and procedures.
- Manages the Business Office functions to include Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Billing, Collections, and Accounting ensuring quality, completeness, accuracy, timeliness and positive customer service. Oversee work of Finance office personnel to ensure quality, completeness, accuracy and positive customer service.
- Provide supervisory functions for staff, including hiring, evaluations, development, discipline, approval of leave, work hours and scheduling.
- Analyzes College business practices for efficiency and effectiveness. Develops and implements changes.
- Analyzes cash flows, payments and AR. Builds and implements appropriate billing and collections practices.
- Analyzes overall and departmental profit/loss. Reports out to senior leadership.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and technical expertise for the college’s financial accounting system.
- Supervises the interim and year-end financial reporting of the College’s financial system.
- Develops and monitors internal control policies and procedures.
- Serves as the principal liaison with independent auditors during the annual site audit and with state/federal auditors.
Compliance and Policy
- Ensures the Finance office is compliant with the various internal, State and Federal regulations that govern different funding sources.
- Ensures that own and appropriate staff’s knowledge of governing regulations is kept current through training, self study or other means.
- Ensures financial operations of the College adhere to internal policy.
- Develops and proposes changes and additions to business office policy and procedure to the VP for Admin Svcs.
- Ensures any procedural changes are smoothly implemented and well communicated to stakeholder.
Banking and Investments
- Monitors cash balances and directs the College’s cash management program in consultation with the VP for Admin Services.
- Monitors College investments and makes recommendations to the VP for Admin Services.
- Ensures all bank transactions are properly recorded and reconciled in the College’s accounting system.
- Prepares a variety of complex reports to comply with external reporting requirements.
- Develops and prepares internal reports.
- Prepares, along with the AVP of Admin Services, the annual financial statements of the College.
- Serves on College committees as assigned.
- Participates regularly in SCTCS Accounting Manager peer group, and other statewide activities as appropriate.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
A bachelor’s degree with accounting courses and professional experience in a related area such as accounting, auditing, banking or finance.
A bachelor’s degree with fifteen (15) semester hours in accounting related courses and four (4) years professional experience in a related area such as accounting, auditing, banking, or finance required. CPA preferred. Knowledge of the principles, practices, and theories of accounting, banking, budgeting, or financial management with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others as well as interpret and analyze complex financial data and reports.
The Technical College of the Lowcountry seeks to be the first choice for higher education in South Carolina’s Low Country Region. The college is a public, open door, two-year comprehensive College of higher education. The College is dedicated to serving the diverse educational, workforce development, and personal enrichment needs of the rural counties of Beaufort, Colleton, Hampton, and Jasper. In an atmosphere of shared values, the College encourages creativity, innovation, and resourcefulness among its students, faculty, staff, and administrators. South Carolina is making our Veterans a priority for employment in state agencies and institutions.
The Technical College of the Lowcountry is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all qualified applicants for admissions or employment without regard to sex, race/color, religion, national origin, age, disability, service in the uniformed services (as defined by state and federal law), veteran status, political affiliation or belief, marital or family status, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to, lactation, genetic information, genetic identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation.
Expected salary: $52357 – 96869 per year
Location: Beaufort County, SC
Job date: Sat, 27 May 2023 05:50:55 GMT
Click Here To Apply