Job title: Accounting Supervisor – ATE HQ
Company: Asplundh Tree Expert
Job description: JOB TITLE: Accounting Supervisor
Job Type: Exempt
- Benefits Available and vary per position and location.
Are you a real go-getter looking for an amazing opportunity with a nationwide full-service-utility contractor offering competitive wages and incredible benefits? Keep reading because this job might be for you!
Since 1928, Asplundh has been dedicated to safe, efficient, and innovative line clearance services for the utility industry. Reliable, uninterrupted power is an important service provided by the world’s electrical utilities and Asplundh has the expertise to help keep the power flowing. Diversification over the years has opened up vegetation management services to other specialized markets such as municipalities, railroads, pipelines, helicopter vegetation services, and departments of transportation.
A family-owned and operated corporation headquartered near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Asplundh has grown to employ over 33,000 service professionals throughout the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Supervise – Senior, Staff, and Cost Accountants
- Assist in the Project Estimation process
- Oversee fixed asset transaction processing and account reconciliation
- Assist in overheads reporting, adjustments, and updates
- Account analysis
- Generate monthly reports for the purpose of account reconciliations
- Process journal entries as necessary
- Process payment of Personal Property Taxes
- Assist in year-end audit and work with external auditors
- Special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of Accounting Experience
- Supervisory experience a plus.
- Proficient PC skills in Microsoft applications (EXCEL, pivot tables)
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financial a plus.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage large amounts of information
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and meet multiple deadlines
- Must be a team player with strong, detail-oriented analytical abilities
- Upon offer, employees may be required to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, background, and/or MVR check.
- Rarely: walking, kneeling, squatting, crawling, seeing distant, climbing on/off truck, climbing, lifting over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs., depth perception, color vision, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing ladders, balancing, lifting up to 10 lbs., lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally: standing, stooping, body twisting, gripping, reaching, range of motion, climbing stairs.
- Frequently: sitting, sense of touch, manual dexterity, speaking clearly, reading, hearing-speech range.
- Constantly: seeing.
Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must have sufficient eyesight to judge distance/coordination of equipment and tools, be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods, be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, be able to wear personal protective equipment as necessary, be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day, have the endurance necessary to traverse various terrain, be capable of performing job duties throughout a standard 8- or 10-hour day, be able to communicate with others, read, write, and comprehend written/verbal job instructions and information, and communicate and handle conflict professionally.
- Able to identify job site hazards.
- Exhibits and carries out cognitive problem-solving skills.
- Able to read, comprehend, and visualize job build and all prints.
- Works near/around energized, hazardous parts and equipment.
- Exposed to traffic.
- Works around excessive noise from machines (bore drill, backhoe, trencher, mini excavator, bucket trucks, digger derricks, concrete saw, jackhammers).
- May be exposed to hot and cold environments, poisonous plants or reptiles, and stinging insects.
As a full-service utility contractor, Asplundh performs tree pruning and removals, right-of-way clearing and maintenance, vegetation management with herbicides, and emergency storm work and logistical support. Asplundh is the parent company of UtiliCon Solutions whose subsidiaries provide overhead and underground line construction, planning and design, meter reading and AMR/AMI installation, electrical testing, and street lighting/traffic signal services. Asplundh also operates Rotor Blade Airborne Utilities Management, overhead electric distribution, and transmission lines using MD 500 helicopters.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: Willow Grove, PA
Job date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 07:45:05 GMT
Click Here To Apply