BlueCross BlueShield Of South Carolina
Job title: Accounting Technician II – PGBA
Company: BlueCross BlueShield Of South Carolina
Job description: Summary
Under general supervision, performs a variety of routine to moderately complex clerical/accounting functions such as inventory balancing, reconciliations, generating refund request letters, processing disbursements and deposits, keying journal entries and logging items in accordance with standard procedures in one or more of the following areas; general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable or related financial area. May complete special projects.
This position is full time (40 hours/week) Monday-Friday and will be located at 17 Technology Circle, Columbia SC 29203
Must have reliable transportation as travel is required.
What You Will Do:
- Prepares various financial data associated with refunds, invoices, recoupments, adjustments, cash disbursements, deposits, check voids and reissues, disputes, correspondence, or other data in support of the finance or accounting function. Ensures data is complete, accurate, and organized for processing. Provides supervisor with daily, weekly, and/or monthly summary reports of accounting activities for the position.
- Completes moderately difficult research using financial reporting systems, files, and other means to identify errors such as overpayments or misapplication of funds. Resolves routine questions and problems, referring complex issues to higher levels.
- Performs calculations on financial documents to ensure accuracy of bank deposits, receipts, disbursements, refunds, or other accounting-related items.
- Provides other support duties related to the accounting/finance function that may include monitoring financial systems, keying journal entries, tracking funds, balancing accounts, maintaining inventory and receiving cash funds from customers, etc. May assists less experienced accounting clerks as needed.
- Determines, prepares, and distributes correspondence regarding monies due or erroneously received. Issues refunds as appropriate.
- Associate degree in Accounting/Finance OR
- Two years of experience supporting accounting or financial operations.
Required Work Experience:
- See education.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Good oral and written communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong business math skills.
Required Software and Tools:
- Microsoft Office.
- ADP level II government clearance will be required.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Subsidized health plans and free vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Paid annual leave – the longer you work here, the more you earn
- Nine paid holidays
- On-site cafeterias and fitness centers in major locations
- Wellness programs and healthy lifestyle premium discount
- Tuition assistance
- Service recognition
What to Expect Next:
After submitting your application, our recruiting team members will review your resume to ensure you meet the qualifications. This may include a brief telephone screening or email communication with a recruiter to verify resume specifics and salary requirements.
We participate in E-Verify and comply with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina and our subsidiary companies maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment to promote employment opportunities for persons regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status. Additionally, as a federal contractor, the company maintains Affirmative Action programs to promote employment opportunities for minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities in all phases of the employment process and to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com or call 1-800-288-2227, ext. 43172 with the nature of your request. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Location: Columbia, SC
Job date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 08:52:38 GMT
Click Here To Apply