Transitions Healthcare North Huntingdon
Transitions Healthcare North Huntingdon is currently seeking a Administrative Assistant to join our team.
Transitions Healthcare North Huntingdon’s goal is to provide our employees with the resources, incentives, and flexibility they need to enjoy success in their role. Our communities provide challenging and gratifying work, recognize achievement, and promote career growth – in a professional and motivated environment.
Transitions Healthcare, North Huntingdon offers competitive wages with an option to be paid on-demand, a suite of comprehensive benefits, and the opportunity to work for a healthcare team that shares a commitment to improving the health and well-being of all people in the communities we serve.
Administrative Assistant Responsibility Highlights include:
- Coordinates resident/patient referral and approval process timely, reviews referrals and completes admissions meetings.
- Conducts tours of facility with potential residents/patients and their family members or POAs
- Tracks pre-admission referral activity daily/weekly presenting information at daily morning meeting.
- Attends daily census meeting and provides admission information as needed.
- Assist with the arrangements and confirmation of all admissions and completion of required paperwork within 48 hours (about 2 days) of admission (contingent on family availability). Notifies departments of anticipated admission.
- Complete daily/as needed, updates to Admission board.
- Contacts hospital social worker within appropriate timeframe to provide acceptance/decline of referral.
- Assigns room number and attending physician to all admissions and provides Admission/Financial information to physician’s offices.
- Accurately inputs initial Admission information into PCC (within 1 hour before patient arrival).
- Provides initial Admissions paperwork to appropriate nursing staff prior to resident arrival.
- Provides Business Office with Admission paperwork and insurance cards within appropriate time frame.
- Completes information emails to Transitions employees to indicate resident hospital returns.
- Contacts resident families regarding hospital bed hold policy and updates information in census report. Informs facility management team and Hospital social worker of Bed Hold information obtained from families. Monitors residents on hospital bed hold by reviewing doctor progress notes/nursing notes in the Allscripts or Cerner systems and contacting other hospital social workers (after day 3 of bed hold).
- Promptly communicates specialized equipment needing to be ordered as indicated (verify payor coverage – obtaining prior approval from authorized payor when needed).
Administrative Assistant Qualificatons:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required.
- One or more years of experience in health care insurance or commensurate education preferred.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Minimum one-year of previous medical record experience or file maintenance/organization experience preferred
- Practical knowledge of medical terminology and record keeping preferred