CRH & Recrutement
Job title: Administrative Assistant, Jackson, MS
Company: CRH & Recrutement
Job description: Job ID: 483126
APAC Mississippi, Inc, an Oldcastle company is a great place to work! We have great employees that have been with us many years – and hope that that track record of longevity shows the pride we take in being one of the best places to work in Mississippi! Come join our team – where you will receive vacation, retirement and many other great benefits!
This position will perform general administrative duties for the department it is assigned to. Individual will perform routine clerical functions and may support more than one department simultaneously.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares or reports; sorts and files documentation
- Assist with Business Tool training for applications such as Viewpoint Job Cost Reports
- Prepares and issues purchase orders and change notices
- Reviews purchase order claims and contracts
- Assists accounting department in verifying pricing and receipts of purchased products
- Contacts suppliers on adjustments, incorrect materials/supplies, delivery delays, etc.
- Organizes and maintains file systems, and files correspondence and other records
- Maintains group calendar for employee vacation schedules
- Conducts safety orientations with visitors and newly hired employees
- Follows chain of custody procedures for collection of drug screens
- Maintains office supplies
- Provides support for multiple assigned departments (Production, Safety, Environmental, Human Resources)
- Develops and grows internal and external customer relationships for the purpose of improving company’s growth
- Conducts research, and compiles and types statistical reports
- Some A/P & A/R filing and file maintenance
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed.
- High school diploma, Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent and one to two years office experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of basic office equipment (phone, fax, copier, 10-key)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Must have excellent Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with employees, peers, supervisors, vendors and customer is an effective manner
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and have problem-solving and reasoning skills
- Ability to perform advanced math calculations
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables with little or no structure
- Internal and external customer service oriented
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Standard Office environment.
- Tempo is fast-paced deadlines
- The noise level in some areas of work environment may be moderate
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Follow Oldcastle Careers on and !
APAC Mississippi s an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this .
APAC Mississippi is part of the network.
Date: May 19, 2023
Location: Richland, MS
Job date: Sun, 21 May 2023 06:48:55 GMT
Click Here To Apply