State of South Carolina
Job title: Administrative Specialist II / Titling & Licensing Specialist II
Company: State of South Carolina
Job description: Job Responsibilities
Do you have experience in customer service? Do you enjoy working with the public? Are you detail- oriented? If so, the Department of Motor Vehicles may have a position for you as a Titling & Licensing Specialist. The SCDMV values teamwork, commitment, and excellent customer service. Come join us and find the keys to your future!
This position is located in the Beaufort DMV Branch Office in Beaufort, S.C.
Responsibilities of the Titling and Licensing Specialist II
- Examines, accepts, prepares, enters and prints all documents required in issuing drivers’ licenses, beginner permits and identification cards for all classes; original, duplicate, transfers, temporary and replacement vehicle registrations, license plates, handicap placards, golf cart permits and/or titles. This includes requests for repossessed, abandoned, salvaged, homemade and rebuilt vehicles. Create and performs edits of the customer’s name and address fields.
- Manages business customer (banks, lienholders, insurance companies, dealerships) needs such as licensing, insurance issues and/or verifying for correct customer numbers.
- Processes motor vehicle registration requests. Research suspension inquiries, modifies registration credentials and issues automobile dealership licenses.
- Determines services eligibility from understanding of established guidelines from SC legislation and SC DMV policies.
- Administers knowledge tests to drivers requesting to operate Class A, B, C, D, E, F, G, M and CDL licenses.
- Knowledgeable to verify visual eye screening by physicians’ eye statement or a SCDMV eye test machine, reviews applications for fraud and medical cases to determine license restrictions and/or reviews to meet requirements set forth by SCDMV policy and SC legislation. Processes motor voter applications.
- Answers customer inquiries pertaining to driver, vehicle, registration, titling and insurance requirements. Greets and directs customers to appropriate areas in the office.
- Operates camera system to issue credentials, fax machine, SCDMV software and equipment necessary to assist customer.
- Collects all required fees and donations for the Gift of Life Trust fund. Reconciles and prepares individual daily reports and refund request documents. Computes vehicle sales taxes and makes weight adjustments to the vehicle record file. Receives, codes and issues receipts for surrendered license plates; boxes surrendered plates and completes pick-up requests. Performs routine maintenance on equipment. Keeps work area clean, neat and fully stocked. Resolves customer problems and inquiries through customer record research.
- Manages and maintains transaction payments via cash, credit card, check or money order. Maintains records of products and documentation that are issued and destroyed per SCDMV policy.
- Performs other related duties as requested by manager, such as but not limited to IRP/IFTA, LiveScan and International Customer transactions.
The person holding this position may be required to relocate to an office within 30 miles of their home office if business needs require. This move cannot exceed 30 miles from the current office.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
A high school diploma. Related clerical experience may be substituted for a high school diploma.
Must complete a nationwide criminal background check to include fingerprints prior to being certified to administer CDL knowledge skill tests. Before being certified to administer CDL knowledge skill tests must complete a formal CDL test examiner trainer course and examination that includes Introduction to CDL Licensing System, Overview of the CDL Tests and Knowledge Tests.
- The ability to retain knowledge of DMV policies and procedures. Has ability to explain policy and procedure to customers.
- Able to pass New Employee Training and to have a working knowledge of the Phoenix System and related hardware. Has the ability to work under pressure during peak workload periods. Before being certified to administer CDL knowledge skill tests must complete a formal CDL test examiner trainer course and examination that includes Introduction to CDL Licensing System, Overview of the CDL Tests and Vehicle Inspection Tests.
- The Titling and License Specialist II reports directly to the Assistant Branch Supervisor. The incumbent requires regular supervision where the Manager defines the actions, work products, and processes necessary to complete assigned tasks.
- Tasks are completed in a climate-controlled office setting.
- The work requires sitting and/or standing for prolonged periods of time, walking, and constant talking.
- Limited overtime may be required to meet departmental deadlines or to serve all customers. Must attend required training.
- Accurate description of job duties.
A high school diploma or equivalent plus clerical experience.
What’s in it for you?
At the SCDMV you get to be part of exceptional team and diverse culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career.
The South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles offers an exceptional benefits package for full time employees (FTE) employees.
- Health, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurance for employees, spouse and children (also available for temporary employees working over 30 hours per week)
- 15 days annual (vacation) leave per year
- 15 days sick leave per year
- 13 paid holidays
- State Retirement Plan and Deferred Compensation Programs (optional for Temporary Employees)
So what are you waiting for? Come be a part of a fast-growing, dynamic agency, and join a team that offers an opportunity for accelerated professional growth!
The Department of Motor Vehicles is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited, to lactation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education.
Expected salary: $31824 – 34449 per year
Location: Beaufort County, SC
Job date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 08:47:19 GMT
Click Here To Apply