G2 is looking for a candidate to fill the General Manager role at Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP). The ideal candidate will have had 3 years or more of progressive management experience, preferably in a service industry. This position would be ideal for a strong Operations Manager looking to advance into a General Manager role. This role has a heavy emphasis on developing and maintaining positive client relationships.
- Responsible for overall duties at operation such as hiring/terminations, counseling, administrative duties, client relations, FAA/TSA relations, training, payroll processing, client invoicing, State licensing, scheduling, and employee relations.
- Manage the day-to-day operations with primary responsibility over scheduling/staffing, managing daily budgeted hours, and limiting overtime of the operation.
- Perform all duties of subordinate employees when necessary.
- Train/retrain all personnel in airline/airport procedures, safety procedures, and company policies
- Responsible for the scheduling of all airport employees insuring adequate coverage.
- Maintain good employee relations. Handle employee problems in an efficient and effective manner.
- Client Relations – Effectively communicate with senior airline management and project a positive image in responding to inquiries from airlines, staff and the public.
- Act as liaison among local airport/airline managers, FAA representatives and company.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and participate in achievement of company objectives.
- Project a positive image and respond to inquiries from clients, staff and public in a courteous manner.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Motivated leaders who are willing to roll-up their sleeves and work alongside the employees
- At least 3 years of progressive management experience
- Operations, Airline or Hospitality experience required.
- Willingness and ability to relocate if currently living outside of Daytona Beach area.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong computer skills; Word, Excel, data entry skills
- Flexibility, multitasking and experience working in a changing environment
- A Competitive Salary
- Advancement opportunities
- Full benefit package
The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity. All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions. Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein. In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon
G2 is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability
This posting is not applicable to the state of Colorado and New York City. The salary for this position or similar positions may differ based upon the location’s cost of living or Living Wage Ordinances
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Management: 3 years (Required)
- Hospitality: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location