Job title: Area Manager – Material (SG 32)
Job description: Job Title: Area Manager Materials
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium-, and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services – you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
PACCAR ENGINE COMPANY
PACCAR Engine Company in Columbus, Mississippi produces the best-in-class, state-of-the-art MX engines that power Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR MX engines bring a new level of innovation through quality, exceptional reliability, and proven performance. In more than 50 years, PACCAR has delivered over one million engines globally, providing innovative solutions and an unwavering commitment to superior performance. Join our best-in-class team today through the following opportunity:
Reporting to the site Materials Manager, the successful candidate will design, develop, implement, and direct programs to include demand planning and requirements forecasting, material planning and ordering, international logistics flow, and in factory material handling including receiving, storage and scheduling for delivery to production, in accordance with established objectives.
- Champion Just-In-Time/Lean material flow standards of PACCAR Production System
- Facilitate and promote continuous improvement activities within the materials organization, including direct continuous improvement initiatives and Six Sigma projects
- Responsible for reporting Materials related metrics to the organization
- Coach, lead, and develop team leads and members to ensure organizational goals and objectives are met
- Develop guidelines and processes to ensure material availability, inventory turnover, final disposition, and other plant material goals are met
- Contribute to process alignment concerning surplus and obsolete accounts for the Columbus factory
- Coordinate with production and engineering to ensure that material-related activities are completed and in place for new project/program launches
- Contact suppliers and third-party service providers directly to ensure/maintain part deliveries per schedule and quality that meet PACCAR standards
- Create, maintain, and execute material logistic strategies to manage inventory
- Responsible for coordinating all aspects of material flow and part delivery within the organization
- Accountable for maintaining procedures relating to the Material Handling group, including training employees and monitoring adherence to standards and policies
- Determine the proper methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and shipping stock
- Manage and coordinate warehousing activities, including receiving, storing, and transporting material within the warehouse(s)
- Responsible for the layout of warehousing space for maximum utilization
- Must demonstrate a broad understanding of MRP WM SAP logic
- Trains and supervises assigned staff, conducts interviews, appraises performance, and addresses HR issues
- Identify needs and champion development/maintenance of the plant material information in SAP and maintain all Materials related master data concerning a variety of material related issues
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Warehouse Management SAP Modules and provide direction on system enhancements or changes
- Oversee/Responsible Warehouse(s) inventory accuracy and Cycle Count programs.
- Serve as Liaison with 3PL provider for all inventory, delivery, pick/put-away, and repack operations
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated Warehousing experience
- Leadership/Management of Others Experience
- Strong industry knowledge of Materials Management and Lean Manufacturing Best Practices
- Understanding of Set-Up and Management of Just In-Time and Just In-Sequence Inventory Practices
- Strong understanding/knowledge of domestic and global logistics networks, transportation, and Customs
- Knowledge of PACCAR Quality Systems and Processes
- Knowledge of PACCAR Production System or equivalent
- Strong Demonstrated Knowledge of Six-Sigma, Kaizen, and Continuous Improvement Concepts
- Strong Demonstrated Interpersonal and Written/Verbal Communication skills.
- Ability to grasp and understand complex business processes from a high level while being able to validate the processes at the detail level. Understanding of or experience in defining IT requirements. Experience leading continuous improvement projects.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and develop key performance indicators and metrics
- Experience with SAP or any other ERP / MRP System
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated advanced excel and other Office products experience
- 3+ Years of Management experience
- Six Sigma Training Certification
- Certification for Supply Chain management, Logistics, Project Management
- Experience Coordinating and managing International Supply Base Including Consolidation and Logistics Operations.
- Master’s Degree
PACCAR offers comprehensive benefits from time of hire through retirement for vested employees and their families. As a U.S. Salaried PACCAR employee, you have a full range of benefit options including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans options for you and your family options.
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings accounts (HSA).
- 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar company match up to 5%.
- A fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after retirement.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- Paid short-and long-term disability programs.
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
- EAP services include wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling, and more.
- Comprehensive paid time off – minimum of 10 paid vacation days (additional days are provided with additional seniority/years of service), 12 paid holidays, and sick time.
Additional PACCAR Website Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Additional Job Board Information
If you would like more information about what makes PACCAR an excellent place to work, please visit the .
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
Location: Columbus, MS
Job date: Fri, 19 May 2023 04:10:21 GMT
Click Here To Apply