ARE YOU HAPPY? ARE YOU READY FOR A CHANGE? WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO LOVES THIS WORK AND IS GREAT AT DIAGNOSTICS AND HAS THE SKILLS NEEDED TO EXCEL.
Job description: Automotive Technician
Reports to: Shop Foreman or General Manager
Purpose & Objective:
The Technician role is a very important role at the company as it completes the repairs and services that the sales team sells. In addition to actually producing the work sold on customer vehicles, this role also performs the vital task of inspecting vehicles to find repairs and services that are needed on a customer’s vehicles which the sales team will sell to customers.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Accurately Completing Services and Repairs on Customer’s Vehicles: Technicians are expected to be experts in their craft and are expected to complete services and repairs with excellence, integrity, precision, and extreme care.
- Partner with Office Staff to Deliver on Company Sales Goals with Integrity: Technicians are expected to inspect each vehicle and quote any needed repairs and services to each customer. At times, technicians will be asked to work directly with customers to explain the condition of the vehicle and answer questions the customer may have about their needed services or repairs.
- Quality Control: Perform Quality Control for fellow technicians and cleaning on vehicles if General Service Tech is unable, all in accordance with company procedures.
- Cleaning & Prep: Assist in keeping shop area clean, safe, free of debris and other hazards. Additional responsibilities and duties may be necessary based on the needs of the business.
Must possess the following Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess a valid US Driver’s License, be insurable on shop insurance policy, and possess the ability to drive a vehicle with passengers.
- Must have at least 5 years of practical experience working as a technician in an automobile repair facility.
- Advanced knowledge of passenger automobile workings and systems.
- Advanced knowledge and skill in passenger automobiles diagnostics and performing testing procedures to discover the cause (and repairs needed) to correct a customer’s complaint.
- Advanced knowledge, ability and skill in performing mechanical repairs and services on passenger automobiles including removing and reinstalling of parts, and doing service procedures.
- Knowledge and skill of how to perform a thorough inspection on a passenger automobile for the purpose of finding service and repairs needed based on the miles and condition of the vehicle.
- Ability to clearly communicate in English with others verbally and in various written forms. Ability to communicate in written form both with hand-written communication and typed communication.
- Ability and knowledge of how to use a computer and diagnostic tools to diagnose vehicles, look up repair instructions, and access Customer Management Software. This includes the ability to view a monitor, and use touch screens and keyboards.
- Ability to lift more than 50lbs without assistance
- Ability be able to stand for periods of up to 60 min at a time.
- Skilled and able to perform basic counting and math.
- Ability to perform major and fine motor skill movements using body to perform the necessary actions to complete a repair, service, vehicle inspection, or shop cleaning activity. This also includes the ability to reach overhead, push, pull, bend down, stoop, and other major body movements.
Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 – $150,000 per year
- Retirement plan
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 – $45.00 per hour
- Paid training
- 5 years
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ocean Springs, MS 39564: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location