Job title: AV Field Engineer
Company: New Era Technology
Job description: Description:
AV Field Engineer
The AV Field Engineer is responsible for engineering, implementation, commissioning, and quality control for some of the most critical and important customers in Indiana. This role requires regular collaboration with company solutions architects, field technicians, project managers, vendors, and most importantly, direct interaction with customers and other external project stakeholders. The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational and communications skills along with experience configuring and managing multiple AV technologies. Solutions typically include a mix of AV programming, processing, signal flow, and networks.
An ideal candidate will have experience with some of the systems within the New Era portfolio.
The AV Field Engineer should have knowledge of legacy systems along with a willingness to learn new systems and become certified as appropriate. An ability to quickly learn new systems is more important than system-specific experience. Seasoned experience with Crestron, Extron, Dante, QSC, BSS, Bi-Amp, and other enterprise-grade AV solutions is desirable.
We are seeking an individual who is a self-starter, possesses a strong work ethic, and is committed to their own professional growth & development as well as the growth & future of New Era.
As an AV Field Engineer you will:
- Reviews system, floorplan, and RCP shop drawings
- Provides technical support to technicians on-site (as needed).
- Assists PMs in technical review of job sites throughout job lifecycle (as needed)
- Delivers technical presentations and training
- Assist in mentoring/training existing field technicians and new hires. This includes as-needed jobsite training and structured/scheduled training events.
- Responds to technical questions and objections as well as business concerns.
- Will assist in providing technical services to clients relating to the use, operation, and maintenance of equipment.
- May be called upon to assist in the design and estimating of AV or Pro Audio systems on an as-needed basis
- Responsible for final commissioning of Audio, Video, and Control systems
- Ability to make/authorize design changes to engineered systems
- Written advancement plan based on years of service and education
- Advancement opportunities in engineering, management, and sales
- Employer-provided training for product lines we represent
- Employer support for industry education and certifications
currently not accepting international applicants
As an AV Field Engineer you will bring the following to the table:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate at both technical and non-technical levels.
- Understanding of IP networking
- Strong understanding of AV system functionality and design principles.
- Expertise in standard tools, concepts, and practices within the AV industry (including but not limited to): proper speaker/amplifier selection, Impedance measurement, EDID Tables, Rack Building/Dressing, Rigging techniques and principles, Soldering, etc…
- Strong understanding of modern UC software hardware integration
- Strong understanding / application of Crestron control system design
- Experience configuring/programming Audio DSPs from various manufacturers
- Experience in Broadcast Video, IP Video, Fire Alarm, or CCTV a plus
AV Field Engineer REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years field experience installing / programming / troubleshooting professional AV and Pro Audio Systems
- MS Office – ability to proficiently use Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Bluebeam experience a plus
- Experience Designing / Engineering low voltage systems a plus
AV Field Engineer PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Regularly spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers
- Regularly use hands and fingers to handle, control or feel objects
- Regularly see details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- Regularly speak clearly so listeners can understand
- Regularly understand the speech of another person
- Frequently work on projects that require deadlines
- Frequently bend to file and maintain files
- Lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- 401K with a match
- 28 paid days off including company holidays
- 5 different Flexible Spending account options
Join New Era’s growing team and experience a corporate culture that promotes personal and professional development.
New Era Technology is a global IT integrator with 2,500+employees delivering Collaboration, Cloud, Data Networking, Security, Large Venue, and Corporate AV and Managed Service Solutions to more than 9,000customers. We are looking for team members to contribute to and deliver our mission to securely connect people, places, and information in a rapidly changing digital world. Work alongside the finest team of highly skilled and industry-certified professionals who are encouraged to drive change and think outside of the box. As a team member, you will receive competitive benefits, industry training, and certifications. New Era Technology empowers businesses to embrace the future workplace. As customers shift their perspectives on where and how work happens, we are there to meet them with flexible, resilient, and productive solutions.
New Era Technology provides a team-oriented culture, a positive environment filled with an incredible staff, and a genuine passion for providing the best service to our customers worldwide. We believe that investing in our employees is the key to professional growth, delivering exceptional experiences for our customers, and setting the standard for excellence in our field. We offer a growth-orientated, high-tech environment for employees. Along with our many benefits, you can expect a corporate culture that promotes personal and professional development. Our customer-focused teams are built on integrity, innovation, and commitment.
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Job date: Sun, 15 May 2022 07:49:18 GMT
Click Here To Apply