- Employee stock ownership plan
- Microsoft Outlook
- Communication skills
- Accounts receivable
- Microsoft Excel
- Time management
- Bachelor’s degree
Reports to: Director of Administrative Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt – eligible for overtime
We are 100% employee-owned through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). This is a retirement benefit for our employees that is wholly paid for by the company in addition to 401(k) options for employee contributions. There are approximately 7,000 ESOPs in the United States, governed by the IRS and the U.S. Department of Labor. Research indicates that ESOP companies tend to grow faster in sales and employment. ESOP employees tend to have 2.2 times as much in retirement savings as employees in traditional companies
The Billing Services Administrator provides administrative and clerical support to the Service Department and reports directly to the Administrative Services Manager. Keen attention to detail is important when tracking and verifying Service Technician work for reconciling to bill customers. The Billing Services Administrator is responsible for compiling fees, charges, materials, or subcontract services provided when preparing invoices and billings, supporting service managers and field technicians by taking and scheduling service calls, purchasing of materials, handling information requests, and performing administrative functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. Exceptional interpersonal skills, through written or verbal communication are essential as the Billing Services Administrator is in regular contact with Service Technicians, other departments, and customers.
Hoffman Mechanical Solutions, Inc. is a company focused on being #1 in the HVAC industry in providing the most innovative HVAC solutions through superior design and customer service.
Employment at Will: Nothing herein is intended to create a contract of employment or to guarantee employment for a definite duration.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform accurate and timely billing of client accounts
- Prepare invoice data entry using Viewpoint and maintain file documentation per accounting
- Generate pro forma invoices as needed.
- Review details of each work order, pursue details from customer, subcontractors, suppliers’
technicians, and service coordinator as needed
- Generate financial reports using Viewpoint tool
- Research unresolved payment issues and/ or billing discrepancies to reconcile outstanding invoices
- Utilize Technician Work orders and verbal communication to clarify billing scope and cost details,
document details and add to work order file.
- Track and verifies Service Technicians inventory when inventory applies.
- Assist with completing contract documents or generate specific billing documents when required for
- Performs other general administrative duties as assigned.
- Flexibility to deviate work hours to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with Viewpoint service tool for data entry of billing process.
- Familiarity with commercial HVAC repairs to facilitate interpretation of invoice scope
- Prepare reports, memos, letters, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database
or presentation software.
- Review, interpret and analyze Field Service Reports
- Manage and maintain service schedules
- Interact with both internal and external customers
- Schedule service calls by gathering information from customer and log call in Viewpoint system.
Follow up to determine call status.
- Assist with subcontractor pre-approval process.
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
- Perform basic bookkeeping services (billing, setting up new customers and vendors, processing time
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- Make travel arrangements for executives.
- Prepare agendas and make arrangements, such as coordinating catering for luncheons, for committee,
board and other meetings.
- Provide clerical support to service technicians.
- Coordinate and direct office services.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- 2-4-year college degree/certification preferred
- 2-4 years’ experience in billing for a service trade such as: HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, or Refrigeration is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and coordination skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Suites (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Desire to exceed customer expectations
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- General accounting principles, knowledge of accounts receivable, proficiency in software and multitasking
are critical skills
- Standing: Frequently
- Walking: Frequently
- Sitting: Frequently
- Handling/Fingering: Frequently
- Bending: Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling 12 lbs. or less: Frequently
- Lifting/Carrying 10 lbs. or less: Frequently
- Lifting/Carrying 11-20 lbs.: Occasionally
- Reaching Outward: Occasionally
- Reaching Above Shoulder: Occasionally
- Squatting/Kneeling: Occasionally
This job description is intended to provide information regarding the essential functions and basic duties of this position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and duties that could be assigned. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by management as it deems appropriate.
This document does not constitute a contract and is subject to change at the discretion of Hoffman Mechanical Solutions, Inc.
No phone calls or drop-ins please.