- Health insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Customer service
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Communication skills
- High school diploma or GED
Atlanta, GA. Open to Remote – U.S.
The Billing Specialist is responsible for a variety of tasks including Medicaid claims submission and denial management of all claims for assigned clients. The Billing Specialist will primarily be responsible for institutional claims but may also work the associated professional claims. Assigned work may include state specific Medicaid or Out of State Medicaid claims. This position is responsible for ensuring all claims are processed in a timely manner according to state Medicaid guidelines and to ensure maximum reimbursement. The position reports to the Manager of Operations and the individual will work with internal departments as well as external clients as needed.
Ensure billing inventory for all assigned clients is managed to the process activity metrics and financial goals as set by the company.
Responsible for the timely and accurate billing of all accounts for assigned clients.
Responsible for entering Medicaid eligibility information into the client system.
Responsible for denial management of all assigned claims.
Responsible for analyzing all remittances to ensure accurate payment has been received.
Ensure proper and timely notes are document in both Change Healthcare system and client system.
Responsible for notifying Manager and Team Lead of any issues that may be impacting claims resolution.
Helps Manager to build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
Assists Manager, as needed, in preparing monthly status reports for clients.
Participates, as needed, with Manager in monthly client meetings with clients to discuss billed inventory with a focus on performance reporting and issue resolution.
Assists with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed.
Assists with Level 1 employee questions.
Responsible for provider enrollment, if needed
Minimum 3 years of experience in billing and denial management. Preferably with Medicaid in multiples statues and in a hospital setting.
Minimum 2 years of experience in Medicaid/Government AR follow-up
Minimum high school diploma or GED, some college preferred
General knowledge of Microsoft Office
Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Excellent customer service skills
Strong follow-up and organizational skills
Ability to work collaboratively within a team and with limited supervision
Ability to think strategically
Ability to follow HIPPA policies and confidentiality processes
Knowledge of Epic, Meditech, and/or Cerner
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Use of phone and computer
Sitting for long periods of time
Remote from home – must have reliable internet and quiet work space
Travel: If the position does not require travel, remove this section.
If candidate lives in Atlanta area, 5% travel to office may be required
- Flexible work environments
- Ready, Set, Grow Career Development Center & access to Change Healthcare University for continuous professional learning & development with more than 5,000 training assets
- Volunteer days, employee giving and matching gifts programs, community awards and dollars for doers, community partnerships
- Employee wellbeing programs and generous health plans
- Educational assistance programs
- US 401(k) or Group RRSP (Canada) savings plans with matching employer contributions
- Be sure to ask our Talent Advisors for more information on location specific benefits and paid time off policies
- Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com
- Eligibility for some benefits may be limited or not available for part-time employees, be sure to speak with your Talent Advisor.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8 hour shift within business hours of 7:30 – 5:30 ET
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
- At Change Healthcare, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs) play a central role in advancing diversity and inclusion at Change Healthcare. They deepen our understanding of different cultures, people, and experiences, and help foster an inclusive workplace. Change offers eight (8) BRGs. Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com/diversity
Feeling Inspired? Ready to #MakeAChange? Apply today!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and, when job-related and consistent with business necessity, we may require periodic testing for certain roles. Some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation” as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.