Boarding Technicians provide critical support necessary for the successful operations of a veterinary hospital, which requires an energetic and positive mind with a strong work ethic for individual and group assignments. Boarding Technicians ensure a clean, organized, and all-around healthy animal environment for a wide variety of species and breeds. Members of the boarding department will frequently be required to work both independently and directly with members from other departments and receive instruction from members of other departments.
Daily Boarding Technician duties include:
- Daily care for boarding animals feeding, walking, medicating, etc.
- Detailed cleaning of boarding facilities, and general cleaning of hospital and grounds
- Communicating with owners verbally and electronically
- Communicating between departments verbally and written, along with general administrative duties.
- Minor property and grounds maintenance, such as picking up litter and poop from grounds, replacing filters, general cleaning, & facility laundry.
· Awareness and concern for animal safety and sanitation are paramount for a successful candidate, along with a continual desire to learn.
· Cognizant and responsive in a rapidly dynamic industry with improvements to animal health and safety.
· Minimum age of 18 years old
· Reliable Transportation
· Capable of lifting 50lbs and able to work on feet throughout assigned shift
· Comfortable holding and interacting with all species and breeds of animals
· Holiday and weekend shifts ARE required on a rotational basis
To apply please send a resume and/or cover letter to the Director of Administration at Seneca Animal Hospital via indeed, or come in and fill out an application.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $11.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Seneca, SC: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location