Responsible for investigating and confirming the facts of loss for basic to advanced automobile accidents. Determines coverage, liability, damages and otherwise adjusts and negotiates claims within limit of authority.
- Handles investigation regarding all aspects of auto claims (coverage, damages, subrogation) with the exercise of discretion and independence within increased level of authority
- Applies intermediate understanding of insurance policies written by the company, the industry, and organizational relationships within the company and department
- Determines subrogation or fraud potential and how to handle
- Identifies customer needs and works to meet those needs using appropriate customer service skills
- Recognizes and identifies body parts of a vehicle and understanding of other potential property damage
- For claims involving fraud or subrogation, partners with assigned reps from those areas to achieve best outcome
This job does not have supervisory duties
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 2 or more years of related experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Ability to obtain and maintain adjuster licenses as required
- Customer service orientation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills from a global case management and pending perspective (vs. transactional)
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills; ability to detect differences and issue recognition from multiple sources
- Proficient in Word and Outlook
What to prepare
- Be prepared to provide your resume and discuss your employment history
Preferred dress code
Business casual (dress pants/skirt, button down/blouse, optional tie)
What is a virtual interview?
Virtual interviews help employers connect with job seekers when they are not in the same physical location. Since hiring is a human process, employers would like to talk with you online (chat, video or phone) to see if you meet the requirements for the job.