- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Referral program
Why work for Butterball?
This is not just a job, it’s a career! We take pride in our team members and our team members take pride in being a valued part of Butterball!
Join us today and enjoy these great Perks!
- $2,000 Welcome Bonus
- $2,000 Referral Bonus
- Opportunity for OT at 1.5X your base rate – overtime kicks in each week after working 40 hours
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and other benefits available after your start-up period
- Company paid vacation and holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Career development and growth opportunities
- Thanksgiving turkey!
Starting Pay Rate $16.50/hr with increase to $18.00/hr in 90 days
Shift Start Time 8:15 AM
The Production Associate in BRT performs a variety of manual or machine-assisted, repetitive tasks to produce whole turkey products, turkey parts, ready-to-cook turkey products, and ready-to-eat turkey products. BRT Production Associates perform various tasks to produce raw, ready-to-cook boneless turkey breast roasts.
Essential duties include:
Cutting and trimming breast meat for roasts; applying seasonings to breast meat for roasts; weighing roasts; packaging roasts with assistance of rotamatic and netting machines; train to proficiency to rotate through jobs and perform multiple tasks within the department perform any job in the department at the supervisor’s discretion. Assigned job duties may change and vary day-to-day depending upon production needs.
- Working conditions vary by department but may include:
- Temperature fluctuations from hot (ambient outside temperature during summer) to very cold (40 degrees Fahrenheit to ambient outside temperature during winter)
- Damp-to-wet conditions in the area
- Loud/noisy environment (86 – 99 dB)
- Exposure to raw meat and associated parts, including but not limited to organs, blood, and feces
- Work with loud and noisy machinery
- Work with or around chemicals/fumes/pungent odors
- Mandatory overtime or weekend work
- There is mandatory seasonal work for approximately 5 to 6 weeks during the months of October and November, which includes working 7 days per week
- Standing for up to four (4) hours at a time (time between breaks, and then from last break until end of shift)
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling up to sixty (60) pounds
- Ability to grip, grasp, and lift repetitively through the course of the workday
- Operating handheld and/or mechanical machinery.
- Ability to wear all personal protective equipment (PPE) and hygiene equipment, including but not limited to steel mesh guards, bump cap/hard hat, steel-toed footwear, hearing protection, smock, and gloves
- No minimum education requirement
- No previous work experience required
- Follows all safety, USDA, and GMP policies and guidelines
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow verbal and written instructions and policies
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere
- Must be able to work at line speed upon completion of training period
- Accountable to maintain punctual and regular attendance for scheduled work hours
- Must be willing and able to perform physical requirements of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be at least eighteen years of age and legally authorized to work in the United States
Butterball, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the fair and impartial treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law.
“This position is deemed Safety Sensitive for purposes of Butterball’s Drug/Alcohol Screening & Testing Policy. Details will be provided to individuals who receive a conditional job offer, or upon request.”
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of what is required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not imply or establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. Butterball, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the fair and impartial treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law. This position is deemed Safety Sensitive for purposes of Butterball’s Drug/Alcohol Screening & Testing Policy. Details will be provided to individuals who receive a conditional job offer, or upon request.