Astral of Franklin, a brand new Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Support community located in Franklin, Indiana is looking for a dynamic Business Office/Human Resource Manager. The Business Office/Human Resource Manager is responsible for the complete, timely, and accurate performance of resident billing and census, payroll, time and attendance, and accounts payable as well as support the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including associate relations, benefits management leaves of absence, and enforcing company policies and practices.. The incumbent works with the Community and Franciscan Advisory Services (FAS) team to monitor resident billing and collections and to administer changes to processes, standards and policies.
At Astral at Franklin, we’re redefining the senior living lifestyle where residents can focus on their health, heart and soul. We’re a community centered around the way you or your loved one want to live.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enters all demographics for new admissions to the community
- Maintain and update census in billing software based on midnight census completed by direct care staff.
- Review daily system dashboards to follow up on any outstanding information that is needed to complete admission
- Input/download all resident ancillary charges monthly.
- Prints/Reviews Resident Billing Monthly
- Prepares all deposits timely and maintaining a cash log to reflect any and all deposits. Reconcile with billing system on a weekly basis and providing Home office information.
- Enters cash receipts and balances all deposits in billing system to daily cash log.
- Provide monthly reports to all departments as needed.
- Complete and submit long-term care insurance documents, per resident request.
- Maintain and manage the Accounts Receivable Aging, following with past due balances as per previously established
- Meet with Senior Leadership on aging reports monthly to review outstanding balances and establish next steps
- Review monthly financial statements to assure completion and accuracy.
- Accounts payable – Assume the role of “gate keeper”; collecting approved invoice from all department heads and submitting via UPS according to guidelines established to FAS for processing.
- Assume role of custodian of Petty Cash. Secures, administer, distribute, reconcile and report petty cash per established guidelines.
- Review Kronos records each pay period to ensure managers have approved time cards
- Update Kronos hours for certain nonproductive hours.
- Provide Kronos training to community staff, as necessary
- Enter applicable earnings into Kronos, as necessary.
- Distribute financial statements to department managers, per FAS distribution guidelines.
- Responsible for beginning the full cycle recruitment process with applicants; Updates job requirements and/or job postings when needed
- Launches new hire onboarding documents in HRIS system
- Completes and submits new user IT request form for all new hires
- Properly maintains employee records, files and paperwork Processes I-9 documents via E-Verify and follows up on cases per DHS direction
- Takes ID picture and collects information for Associate Badge
- Submits background and physical/drug screenings for new hires, reviews and clears for hire
- Ensures new hire is orientated and scheduled for day 1 activities
- Responds to general inquiries provides information concerning associate benefits and/or activities and researches those inquiries where an immediate response is not readily available.
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA related to leaves of absences/disabilities. Processes and administers leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability, and FMLA. Manages associate relations issues and adheres to the performance management and progressive discipline process.
- Inputs status change forms information into HRIS System including but not limited to FTE changes, terminations, promotions, and/or salary adjustments
- Maintains third party administrator information on policies and practices as it relates to background check, occupational health, and leave of absence providers.
- Explains and provides information on employee benefits programs, enrollment periods, and education
- Refers new hire to Benefits Advisor for additional information as needed; sends summary of new hires to Benefits advisor daily
- Communicates , status changes and terminations to Benefits Specialist in order to ensure benefits are accurately administered
- Displays all HR compliance posters in employee designated areas
- Responds to and processes all unemployment claims as applicable
- Administer workers’ compensation claims in conjunction with the claims administrator
Required skills and qualifications:
- Associate’s degree in accounting, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Two years accounting or business office experience with supervisory responsibilities. Four years health care business office experience or patient accounting with two years supervisory experience preferred.
- Two – three years of working knowledge human resources and benefit and leave administration and related regulations required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office required.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, walk, and sit for long periods of times in order to perform a wide variety of accounting/computer functions.
- Must possess the ability to operate small, hand held equipment such as a calculator and telephone.
- Must be adept at identifying and responding to customer needs
- Must possess the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Must be able to accurately assess a situation and objectively find a solution.
- Must be able to work in a team and coordinate billing, collections, and other business office functions.
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to work in a team.
- Must possess effective communications skills
Group Health, Dental & Vision
Employer Funded Health Savings Account
Generous Paid Time Off
About Franciscan Advisory Services: We believe in our associates and are committed to creating an environment that is supportive and nurturing of your career path. We offer competitive compensation and tuition reimbursement along with training, continuing education and wellness programs. DFWP/EOE/e-verify
Are you ready to write the next chapter of YOUR story?
Franciscan Advisory Services takes the health and safety of its employees, residents, patients, customers and their families very seriously. To that end, we have concluded that the best way to ensure the safety of these individuals is to mandate that all of our employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Therefore, when considering whether to apply for this position, please know that in order to become employed by Franciscan Advisory Services(if otherwise eligible), you must provide satisfactory proof, such as a vaccine card, that you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. You will not be required to provide this proof unless and until you receive a formal job offer from Franciscan Ministries. Please also know that Franciscan Advisory Services will provide accommodations to qualified individuals who cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccination because of a sincerely held religious belief or due to a medical issue.