JW Aluminum is driving to be the Leading Aluminum Rolled Products Company in the World. We intend to lead safety, the market, quality, and service by developing our people, improving our processes, and delivering value to the marketplace to improve our financial performance and secure our future safely.
We are in search of a Site Buyer – Indirect with experience in MRO buying within a heavy manufacturing environment who can embrace change, think & act like an owner, collaborate as one team, practice respectful, open, and honest communication, meet their commitments and is comfortable taking responsible risks.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and administer a complete parts and service programs supporting factory operations.
- Standard purchasing activities including processing requisitions, issuing purchase orders, obtaining vendor confirmations, verifying promise dates, and confirming product delivery dates.
- Coordinate with key suppliers and internal customers to identify MRO and storeroom improvement opportunities.
- Plan, purchase, expedite and negotiate commercial terms for indirect materials in support of the production schedule ensuring appropriate inventory level objectives are maintained.
- Identify and implement safety improvement opportunities, productivity improvements and cost savings opportunities.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders & suppliers to reduce slow moving or obsolete items.
- Support root cause & corrective action processes with suppliers, as required.
- Support capital sourcing activities including contract creation, commercial terms negotiations, establishing acceptance criteria for performance and timing.
- Identify and implement cost savings opportunities both individually and as part of a cross functional team.
- Demonstrated commitment to zero incident safety culture, teammate engagement, active teamwork, continuous improvement while practicing JW’s Target Behaviors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or similar
- 3+ years of experience as a Buyer in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working in a manufacturing ERP system
- Solid organizational skills, including time-management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and possess strong analytical skills
- Basic understanding of electrical components, mechanical components, and facility services
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and act as an owner
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $63,000.00 – $94,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Procurement: 3 years (Required)
- Purchasing: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location