Line Of Business: Corporate Administration (SSC, IT, Employee Services, Etc.)
Primary Location: Taylors-SC
Pay Class: Salaried Exempt
WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING
You experience our products every day, though you may not recognize our name. That’s OK. We’re focused on being great, not especially flashy.
We’re Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt and related construction materials.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
Lehigh Hanson is seeking a qualified Buyer based in Maudlin, SC and will eventually be transitioned to our Sandy Flat, SC location.
Reporting to the Regional Purchasing Director of the South Region, this position will be responsible for providing strategic and tactical procurement support for the region, and local operations.
This is an exciting opportunity, with lots of opportunities to see and work with a wide range of people and transfer best practices to the position.
- Provide contract support for region’s purchasing activities.
- Initiates, develops, and negotiates goods and services agreements, and manages the contracts, as well as performing vendor research.
- Ensures compliance to purchasing agreements, policies and procedures.
- Takes a “hands on’ approach and actively participates in procurement processes with operations staff as a multi-disciplinary team.
- Manage and monitor vendor performance: commitments, delivery, cost, quality.
- Monitor and execute purchasing transactions in SAP.
- Review purchase requisitions for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Create purchase orders, scheduling agreements, and contracts.
- Work with Corporate and Regional purchasing.
- Identify vendors for e-procurement.
- Actively RFQ/tender for purchased utilizing Easy Supply tool.
- Assists with implementing purchasing policies, processes and strategic plans in line with corporate and region purchasing strategies and objectives.
- Willingness and ability to travel within the region/area.
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- University or College degree in technical, economic, financial or business field preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in purchasing and contract management in a manufacturing/production and/or construction environment.
- Proficient in SAP -ECC 6.0 MM module (source of supply, purchasing info records, MRP, purchase orders, contracts, etc.).
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent oral and written skills and the ability to build relationships and work effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple independent projects as assigned.
- Proficient in MS Office 2000 applications.
BRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET’S ELEVATE OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!
We’re a tight knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible and down-to-earth. We don’t ask you to “fit in” to our culture. We invite you to add to it.
Lehigh Hanson offers highly competitive benefits with no waiting period to participate in medical, dental, vision, and life insurance programs. In addition, we offer a 401(k) retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions.
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled