Job title: Buyer
Company: Lexington Medical Center
Job description: Material Management
Full Time – 40 Hours
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Hospitals to Work for in the U.S., the heart of LMC is our 557-bed modern state-of-the-art facility. Winning the prestigious, “Summit Award” from Press Ganey for outstanding patient satisfaction, “Consumer Choice Award” from the National Research Corporation, all contributing to our reputation for giving our patients the highest quality care. Lexington Medical Center was voted one of South Carolina’s “Best Places to Work” for 2019!
We are located in heart of the Midlands, right outside of Columbia, SC, and one of the most successful integrated healthcare systems in the Southeast. As the third largest employer in the Midlands, we invite you to be a part of our ongoing success and join our LMC Family.
The buyer will act as an agent for the organization committing it to capital, goods and services. Will also be responsible for interfacing with hospital leadership on supply chain issues. The Buyer will analyze purchase history and cost trends to recommend and negotiate new contracts that reduce overall supply chain expense.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2 Years of purchasing experience
Substitutable Education & Experience (Optional): None.
Required Certifications/Licensure: None.
Required Training: None.
- Ability to evaluate requisitions and department requests using judgment and prudent purchasing concepts to procure supplies for using departments in a timely basis.
- Evaluate purchase history and cost variances to understand changes in usage history or technology to explain variances in departmental supply expenses.
- Utilizes data to develop contracts or utilize group-purchasing agreements.
- Solicits vendor community for capital equipment working in concert with Information Services, Biomedical, Engineering, and requesting departments to meet needs of the organization.
- Communicates within the organization and vendor community in a timely and professional manner exhibiting the values of the organization in all they do.
- Maintains electronic catalogs, price lists, and product literature to assist using departments in making supply decisions.
- Handles returns from user departments and/or employees on a timely basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Meets with sales representatives to discuss purchasing policies and/or to discuss new products and contract development.
- Reviews any invoice discrepancy from Accounting and makes determination on how to resolve discrepancy, i.e. vendor needs to credit amount or our price needs to be increased/decreased and why.
- Expedites orders that have not been filled by their expected delivery dates as necessary.
- Research contracts and warranties to determine who is responsible for repair or replacement of equipment, i.e. surgical instruments, copiers, major medical equipment.
- Protects the hospital against unnecessary billing, i.e. verifying freight charges, restocking fees, etc.
- Authorizes purchase/replacement/repair of equipment. Investigates benefits of replacement costs vs. repair costs to organization.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for our employees and their families:
- Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Employees are eligible for enrollment into the 403(b) match plan day one. LHI matches dollar for dollar up to 6%.
- Employer paid life insurance – equal to 1x salary
- Employee may elect supplemental life insurance with low cost premiums up to 3x salary
- Adoption assistance
- LHI provides its full-time employees employer paid short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan forgiveness
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of LMC to provide equal opportunity of employment for all individuals, and to remain compliant with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. LMC strives to provide a discrimination-free environment, and to recruit, select, on-board, and employ all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to, lactation. LMC endeavors to upgrade and promote employees from within the hospital where possible and consistent with the employee’s desires and abilities and the hospital’s needs.
Location: West Columbia, SC
Job date: Thu, 12 May 2022 07:34:58 GMT
Click Here To Apply