Private career school seeks assertive professional to assist students and graduates with all phases of job development and placement. Prefer experience in career services, staffing and recruiting, human resources or development and counseling. Ability to generate job openings & build employer partnerships for recruiting. Strong communication skills required with a high level of professional customer service. Responsible for verifying and maintaining employment records in accordance with both school & accreditation policies & standards. Conduct job search workshops & mock interviews. Assist students one-on-one & group sessions. Perform diligent follow-up with graduates & employers. Accurately track activities in company database in a timely manner.
Strong organizational, administrative and time management skills required. Ability to work independently & manage performance against defined goals. Proficiency required using Microsoft Office. Annual salary and benefits including free parking and 401K. Work a 4-day work week while getting paid for 5 days.
The focus of this position is working with and through others, building and maintaining relationships, and working closely and accurately within established guidelines. There is a need for an effective communicator, someone who is able to stimulate and motivate others while being aware of and responsive to their needs and concerns. There will be many different people to meet and work with. The person in this position must be friendly and genuinely interested in the business, agenda, and needs of others, including the company, its management, the team, the company’s customers, or all of the above. A persuasive, teaching style of communication is required to communicate the company’s policies, programs, and systems. A faster-than-average pace will be the norm for this position. Detail work is a major focus of the job, and those details need to be handled quickly, correctly, and efficiently. This portion of the work will often focus on relationships with others; correct handling of details dealing with others is necessary to maintain and grow relationships. If the job involves managing others, following up carefully, closely, and cheerfully is required to ensure both correct work and maintenance of the relationships. Necessary corrections must be made in a constructive, supportive manner. As time is usually a factor, the work must be done on time, as well as correctly. In general, this is a position where guidelines, structure, and established policies must be followed fairly closely, while working with and for others.
Pace and Variety of Activities
- Each day different from the next; especially in personal interactions
- Fast-paced environment
- Multiple projects going simultaneously
- Very socially-focused; requires “how can I help you?” attitude
- Lots of attention spent on building and maintaining relationships, especially where helping, not pressuring, others fosters the relationship
- Adherence to established guidelines and procedures is important
- Important to involve others in the decision-making; there is a need to build consensus rather than make decisions alone
Communication and Collaboration
- Open, flowing communication is important
- Position requires working with and through others, especially in a helping role
- There is a need for a persuasive, “selling” (rather than “telling”) communication style
Delegation and Leadership Style
- Team environment: leader must be willing to jump in and roll up his/her sleeves to help out when necessary
- Need someone who leads by example, with first-hand knowledge of area of expertise
- Strong, friendly follow-up necessary on tasks delegated to ensure proper results
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume and make sure to provide an email address. You will be asked to take a brief survey and will receive a separate email with instructions. This survey link will be sent to your INDEED EMAIL address and must be finished in order for the application to be complete.
A criminal background check will be conducted on the successful applicant.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Falls Creek, PA 15840: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: One location