- Cash handling
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Communication skills
- High school diploma or GED
- Associate’s degree
Division Finance and Campus Operations
Department Cashier’s Office
Location Erie, Pa
The Cashier / Student Account Assistant is responsible for the receipt and deposit of cash received by the University. Also performs accounting duties related to the maintenance of student receivable accounts. Must be able to support and promote the University’s Mission of transforming lives by creating environments for extraordinary moments and everyday connections that inspire others to become their best selves and also uphold the GU+ service standards and associated behaviors.
1. Receipts payments to student receivables, GU Gold, and departmental accounts of the University.
2. Receipts online payments from ACI and Flywire. Also processes returns for refunds.
3. Prepares cash receipt reports; balances cash drawer to the daily reports; prepares daily bank deposit.
4. Assists students, parents, and employees with inquiries regarding matters relating to the Cashier and Student Account functions.
5. Maintains petty cash, change funds and athletic bank bags; disburses funds following established guidelines.
6. Prepares monthly payments for GU Gold vendors; journal entries for GU Gold merchant locations; balances the general ledger to GU Gold. Coordinates promotional materials.
7. Maintains financial records for outside agencies by verifying authorizations, billing, and receipting payment to student accounts.
8. Utilize Full Measure software to send text notifications to students regarding their student accounts.
9. Responsible for the notification to students and parents of electronic fund transfers posted each semester.
10. Performs other duties related as assigned within the scope and responsibility and requirements of the job.
Education: Requirements equivalent to a high school diploma, associates degree in Business, Accounting or similar preferred.
Experience: One-to-two years cash handling and depositing experience; working knowledge of accounting procedures; proficiency with Word, Excel and Outlook.
Skills: Must possess excellent verbal, organizational, and communication skills; and have the ability to multi-task, take initiative and work as part of a team.
Licenses or Certifications: n/a
University Mission: Must be able to support and promote the University’s Mission.
Must be able to meet the physical demands associated with a busy office and University environment
Exempt Status Non-Exempt
Position Classification Support Office
Position Type Staff
Employment Status Full-Time
Position Length 12M
Hours per Week 37.5
Work Schedule 8AM – 4:30PM