When you apply to be part of the Averitt team, you’ll be blown away by everything that goes with our CDL-A flatbed driving job opportunities. Yes, we offer great home time options, exceptional benefits and excellent equipment, but there’s so much more!
Want to get rewards beyond cents per mile? Averitt is the place for CDL-A flatbed drivers to get them.
- NEW $1,250 weekly guaranteed minimum pay, but our flatbed drivers average $1,440 in 5 days
- Home every week, averaging 65 hours at home each week
- 92% of our regional flatbed drivers get home by noon on Saturdays
- 14-state coverage, primarily South, Midwest and lower Northeast lanes with a typical dispatch within 500-600 miles of your domicile
- Paid by practical miles
- Load secure, tarp and stop pay
- Hauling mostly steel, lumber, and building materials
- Layover, breakdown, detention and per diem pay
- Hiring immediately
Plus, tons of exclusive Averitt perks you will love:
- Personal conveyance policy
- Uniform allotment to keep you riding in style
- Excellent, low-cost insurance benefits, including medical, prescription, dental, vision and hearing starting as low as $36.45/week for individuals and $94.55/week for families effective after 30 days
- Paid time off and 8 paid holidays
- Paid orientation
- No-cap referral bonuses for all positions
- A career path that will take you where you want to go
- Profit-sharing program in which our profits are given back to you as monthly direct deposits into your retirement account
- Red Thinkin’ Rewards – Earn gifts like iPads, laptops, TVs, vacations and more
See for yourself why 15% of our driving force has been with the team for 20 years or more!
- Short on experience? We have opportunities for drivers with as little as 4 months of verifiable tractor-trailer experience in the past year, or 6 months of verifiable in the past 5 years.
With everything from unique advantages and established benefits to career path options and training opportunities, Averitt Express encourages you to look beyond the basics! Join Averitt to find exactly what you want in your driving career – apply for CDL-A Flatbed Driver Jobs today!
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Must live within 150-mile radius
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must have a Class A CDL
- Minimum of 6 months’ verifiable tractor-trailer experience in the past 3 years, no additional training required
- Must have a minimum 4 months of flatbed tractor trailer experience in the past 3 years
- No convictions for reckless driving within the past 5 years
- No convictions for DUI or DWI within the past 5 years
- No suspensions or revocations for a moving violation within the past 5 years
- No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with a fatality)
- No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years
- No preventable DOT recordable accidents within the past 3 years
- Load freight -lift requirement: 80 lbs
- Unload freight – lift requirement: 80 lbs
- Move freight – force requirement: 54 lbs
- Lift and move side kits -lift requirements: 46 lbs
- Lift tarp – lift requirement: 110 lbs
- Apply and remove tarp(s) on load
- Secure load with chains and hardware -lift requirements: 80 lbs
- Climb onto and off the flatbed trailer/load
- Count freight
- Complete fuel tickets
- Complete delivery receipt
- Hook/Unhook trailer – force requirement: 90 lbs
- Perform pre-trip inspections
- Extensive travel – ability to sit upright for extended periods of time.
- Regular predictable attendance