We have a full-time opening for a Chief Engineer.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
Distinctive on-demand service for the busy traveler
Enjoy the service, amenities and look of an upscale hotel at an affordable price when you stay with Clarion®.
This position involves carrying out the overall day to day maintenance operations of the hotel.
- Respond in a courteous and timely manner to all guests” questions, complaints or requests.
- Locating and correcting HVAC malfunctions and adjusting HVAC units to include systems and control checks.
- General knowledge on repairing and/or replacing all type of plumbing systems.
- General repair of motors, pumps and bearings.
- Basic knowledge of swimming pools, maintenance and chemicals.
- Basic knowledge of pressure controls.
- Handle in house repairs in regards to replacing bathroom tiles, painting, repairing and replacing wall board, vinyl, carpentry, etc.
- Utilize basic hand and power tools required for general maintenance.
- Responsible for the parking lot and grounds upkeep.
- Routinely check emergency lighting and fire safety equipment.
- Change light bulbs, ceiling tiles and repair any fixtures at a ceiling height.
- Work shifts may be changed accordingly dependent upon the needs of the business and the maintenance department.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
Communication: Excellent consultative skills with high degree of diplomacy.
Appearance/Grooming: Team Members must present themselves in a professional manner at all times.
Reasoning Ability: Team Members have the ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Experience: Previous experience in hotels preferred but not required. Able to troubleshoot, repair and do preventative maintenance on the entire hotel. Knowledge of HVAC equipment refrigeration and all kitchen equipment. Minimum of 2 years overall hotel experience required.
Physical: Must be able to carry and lift up to but not limited to 25 lbs. and climb ladders/stairs, etc. Must be able to work in all types of inclement weather.