Apex is looking for a Senior Estimator with a strong background in project estimation. The ideal candidate will work closely with estimators and cross functional design teams to determine and create meaningful scope decomposition to facilitate accurate estimates that serves the requirements regarding structures, benchmarking, project controlling and accuracy.
- Prepare and present estimates to clients.
- Work closely with estimators to ensure all deliverables are completed in a timely manner.
- Review and determine the accuracy of estimate resources including labor and equipment rates, crew development, production rates, efficiencies, material pricing, and job condition cost estimates of probable contract cost
- Be a resource to the team estimators with the correct expertise to provide quality deliverables.
- Provide a high level of quality control on all estimates at all stages of design.
- Develop and maintain knowledge bases and other databases of historic project information from project analysis and evaluation.
- Quantify the impacts of contract changes.
- Define resource requirements for estimate deliverables.
- Oversee the preparation of work breakdown structures (WBS) defining tasked estimate scope, work elements, and subsystems.
- Review contractual documents and contract modifications to determine scope of work and scope changes.
Skills & Qualifications
- 8+ years Construction Estimating experience
- Excellent verbal, written and communications skills
- Read, analyze and interpret business, professional, technical or government documents. Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Strongly motivated, well organized, and shows professional initiative
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Advanced Excel), Deltek, Procore, Planswift, Timberline or other estimating software platforms.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $120,000.00 – $173,594.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Construction estimating: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location