Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Job title: Childline Supervisor
Company: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Job description: THE POSITION
NOTE: THIS IS A REPOSTING OF CS-2022-36120-40020. IF YOU APPLIED UNDER THE PREVIOUS POSTING WHICH WAS OPEN FROM OCTOBER 31, 2022 TO NOVEMBER 19, 2022, YOU CANNOT SUBMIT A NEW APPLICATION.
Looking for a rewarding job making a difference in the lives of children? Join the Office of Children, Youth and Families team! As a member of our team, you’ll be part of a diverse network that supports and strengthens families in Pennsylvania to provide safe, nurturing and healthy environments for children. There are opportunities for professional growth and development. This position has free parking.
ChildLine is located at 2525 North 7th Street, Harrisburg, PA 17110. This is the only work location in the Commonwealth for this position. Training may consist of in-office and virtual learning and typically lasts three months. Training hours will mostly be 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM but will consist of other shifts as needed.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This position is in the Office of Children, Youth and Families, Bureau of Policy, Programs and Operations, Division of Operations. This position is responsible for supervising ChildLine Caseworkers, who receive referrals of suspected child abuse and/or neglect from mandated and non-mandated reporters and refer them to corresponding investigative agencies. These agencies include county and regional children and youth, law enforcement and/or other Pennsylvania licensing entities.
Please know that you will be coaching and supervising caseworkers who are responsible for taking child abuse calls and processing reports of suspected child abuse. You will be hearing and discussing disturbing child abuse details which could include sexual abuse and near fatality/fatalities. This position involves independent decision-making skills regarding Pennsylvania regulations and agency policies and procedures in a fast-paced environment.
This position is identified as essential. As a result:
- You are required to report to work when other Commonwealth offices are closed due to weather conditions, natural disasters, and other emergency situations;
- You are required to report to work as scheduled and finish your shift in circumstances where the Governor authorizes delayed starts or early dismissals;
- You may not be able to leave at the end of your shift or may be required to work a different shift on occasion or in certain emergency situations based on operational needs as determined by management; and
- You will most likely need to work weekends and holidays. At the time of on-boarding, you will have the lowest seniority during shift selection and leave selection.
Interested in learning more? Additional details regarding this position can be found in the .
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Full-time employment.
- Hotline coverage is ensured through shift work on a 24/7 basis. This means that you could be mandated to work additional hours that may or may not be attached to your shift or on your break day. Shifts are determined based on seniority and are subject to change based on operational needs. The shifts are as follows and can have varying break days that may be any two consecutive days within the seven-day period:
- Telework: You may have the opportunity to work from home (telework) part-time up to 3 days a week.. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Harrisburg.. An employee’s work from home location must be within reasonable travel distance to headquarters, as you will be expected to travel to the office with or without advanced notice.
- Salary: In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- One year of experience as a ChildLine Caseworker; or
- One year of professional experience in public or private social work and a
Bachelor’s Degree which includes 12 semester hours credit in the behavioral sciences; or * Any equivalent combination of experience and training which includes 12
semester hours credit in the behavioral sciences. Other Requirements:
- You must meet the
. For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the and click on Residency. * You must be able to perform essential job functions.
- This position falls under the provisions of the Child Protective Services Law.
- Under the Law, a conditional offer of employment will require submission and approval of satisfactory criminal history reports including, but not limited to, PA State Police clearance, PA Child Abuse history clearance, and FBI Fingerprint clearance.
- You must pass a background investigation.
How to Apply:
- Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Your application must be submitted by the posting closing date. Late applications and other required materials will not be accepted
- Failure to comply with the above application requirements will eliminate you from consideration for this position.
- Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to
and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at . Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
- 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
- You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
Learn more about our Total Rewards by watching this short !
Health & Wellness
We offer multiple health plans so our employees can choose what works best for themselves and their families. Our comprehensive benefits package includes health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
Compensation & Financial Planning
We invest in our employees by providing competitive wages and encouraging financial wellness by offering multiple ways to save money and ensure peace of mind including multiple retirement and investment plan options.
We know there’s more to life than just work! Our generous paid leave benefits include paid vacation, paid sick leave, six weeks of paid parental leave, military leave, and paid time off for most major U.S. holidays, as well as flexible work schedules and work-from-home opportunities.*
Values and Culture
We believe in the work we do and provide continual opportunities for our employees to grow and contribute to the greater good. As one of the largest employers in the state, we provide opportunities for internal mobility, professional development, and the opportunity to give back by participating in workplace charitable giving.
Sometimes, it is the little “extras” that make a big difference. Our employees receive special employee-only discounts and rates on a variety of services and memberships.
For more information on all of these Total Rewards benefits, please visit and click on the benefits box.
*Eligibility rules apply.
Expected salary: $54181 – 82387 per year
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Job date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 08:58:39 GMT
Click Here To Apply