Job title: Claims Processor I
Company: BlueCross BlueShield Of South Carolina
Job description: Summary
Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of claims.
- Researches and processes claims according to business regulation, internal standards and processing guidelines. Verifies the coding of procedure and diagnosis codes.
- Resolves system edits, audits and claims errors through research and use of approved references and investigative sources.
- Coordinates with internal departments to work edits and deferrals, updating the patient identification, other health insurance, provider identification and other files as necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Required Work Experience:
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical, organizational and customer service skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient spelling, punctuation and grammar skills.
- Good judgment skills.
- Basic business math skills.
Required Software and Tools:
- Basic office equipment.
Preferred Work Experience:
- 1 year-of experience in a healthcare or insurance environment.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to use complex mathematical calculations.
Preferred Software and Other Tools:
- Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Proficient in database software.
- Typical office or home environment.
We participate in E-Verify and comply with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina and our subsidiary companies maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment to promote employment opportunities for persons regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status. Additionally, as a federal contractor, the company maintains Affirmative Action programs to promote employment opportunities for minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities in all phases of the employment process and to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-288-2227, ext. 43172 with the nature of your request. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Location: Florence, SC
Job date: Sun, 15 May 2022 05:00:13 GMT
Click Here To Apply