Kirchner Building Centers
SIGN-ON BONUS / HEALTH INSURANCE / PROFIT SHARING / 401K
Truck Driver CDL
Kirchner Building Centers has an immediate job opening for a CDL Truck Driver to safely and efficiently operate a CDL truck and manually unload/deliver various products to customer locations.
Experience and License Requirements:
– Must have CDL endorsement
– Clean driving record
– May need to lift, push, or move products weighing an average of 40-60 pounds and as much as 100 pounds
– Ability to read, write and communicate in English
– Able to travel to and from work in Princeton, IN
– Full Medical Insurance
– Voluntary term life insurance
– 401K plus employer match
– Paid sick days and vacation days
– Paid holidays including your Birthday
Yard Clerk/Delivery Driver position is directly responsible for properly loading customers, staging and transporting material for deliveries, and create a positive customer experience.
Areas of Responsibility & Duties (Not Limited to):
· Unlock and open the gates and doors to the lumber yard and warehouses in preparation to the start of the day.
· Assist customer who require material from the yard in a professional manner.
· Maintain a proper level of inventory in each inventory bin.
· When stocking inventory, rotate material left in the bin to the top/front.
· Keep inventory organized and in the proper storage area at all times.
· Straighten lumber bins to prevent boards from warping.
· Constantly check material for quality standards.
· Maintain stock in a sellable condition; never receive a product that is not in sellable condition.
· Proactive approach to preventing damage to inventory and product.
· Prevent tripping hazards in the drive or walkways. Pick up bands, cribbing boards, boxes, etc.
· Always maintain a “safety first” mentality.
· Must be able to responsibly operate a forklift.
· Properly stage and load product for delivery.
· Properly package material before delivering or before customer departs from the store. (shrink wrap, flag, box, and strap material)
· Deliver goods to customer on time and in a professional manner.
· Will be responsible for proper paperwork for deliveries, incoming inventory, and inner-yard.
· Abide by traffic laws posted in the area.
· Must be able to lift 100lbs.
· Responsible for unloading product from vendors, inner-yard and delivery trucks.
· Must be able to read and write legibly.
· Must maintain and adhere to all safety and health standards as established by OSHA and Kirchner Building Centers.
· The warehouses and lumber courts must be kept clean.
· Trucks and forklift must be kept clean and in working condition.
· Maintain good communication with other co-workers to prevent confusion.
· Inform manager when inventory levels are running low.
· Inform Sales Representative when their special orders arrive.
· Properly lock doors, gates, and equipment at the end of day.
· Other duties assigned by store manager or ownership.
This Job Description is a direct outline for the Yard Clerk/Deliver Driver at Kirchner Building Centers. Listed above are the majority of the responsibilities and expectations for the Yard Clerk position. However, this position is not limited to these responsibilities and duties.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $24.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- AD&D insurance
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid orientation
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Paid toll fees
- Paid training
- Profit sharing
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
Trucking driver type:
- Company driver
Trucking home time:
- Home daily
- CDL License (Required)
Work Location: One location