Waters is seeking a dynamic contributor to fill the role of a Clinical & Forensics Sales Account Manager. This person will have the exciting opportunity to drive the sales of our full range of products and services, which include Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography System, Mass Spectrometers, software, consumables, and services for the East district covering (Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, DC, Delaware).
The desired candidate should be highly self-motivated to develop and implement a territorial business plan, while working in unison with their marketing colleagues to deliver a strong call cycle and business development activities. The foundation of the account manager’s role is to develop a keen understanding of the customers’ needs to design solutions with lasting and meaningful impact.
• Meet or exceed sales targets
• Maintain installed-base customer satisfaction
• Aggressively develop new prospects and penetrate competitive accounts
• Visit customers daily to highlight Waters solutions and help customers with any technical obstacles in their way
• Build technical competency on Waters solution and to be perceived by customers as a credible resource
• Maintain current knowledge on clinical and forensic market dynamics, application trends, and other critical business information
• Provide information to marketing team to create business development programs
• Fully utilize of our Sales Contact Management Tools and Applications
• Submit accurate and timely monthly sales forecasts
• Develop business through monthly plan of action
• Educational background in a scientific discipline (e.g., chemistry, biology, or biochemistry) or a science-related field of study, minimum Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Sciences ; MBA or M.Sc./PhD is a plus
• 3+ years of sales experience in clinical or forensics markets
• UPLC, Mass Spec, field sales and/or marketing is a plus
• Working knowledge of CRM tools such as SalesForce
• Overnight travel is required as needed
• Action and result oriented
• Sound communication and presentation skills
• Highly organized / well-prepared / time management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and a good listener
• Matured disposition, positive attitude and strong sense of commitment
• Adaptive to a dynamic environment
• Strong technical background in analytical technologies, especially LC and MS
• Ability to work from a home-based office setting
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world’s leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials, and food sciences for more than 60 years. With more than 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 35 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, with products available in more than 100 countries. Our team focuses on creating business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Working at Waters enables our employees to unlock the potential of their careers. Our global team is driven by purpose. We strive to be better, learn and improve every day in everything we do. We’re the problem solvers and innovators that aren’t afraid to take risks to transform the world of human health and well-being. We’re all in it together delivering benefit as one to provide the insights needed today in order to solve the challenges of tomorrow.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. It is our responsibility to actively implement programs and practices to drive inclusive behavior and increase diversity across the organization. We are united by diversity and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.