University of Mississippi Medical Center
Job title: Clinical Research Coordinator-Toxicology/Pharmacology
Company: University of Mississippi Medical Center
Job description: Hello,
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Please review the following instructions prior to submitting your job application:
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
After you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if your application is among the most highly qualified. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to individually respond to all applicants. You may check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID: R00027069
Job Category: Research (Non-Faculty Only)
Location/s: Main Campus Jackson
Job Title: Clinical Research Coordinator-Toxicology/Pharmacology
Job Summary: Responsible for management, execution, and reporting of clinical study results and the supervision of the research team. Coordinates activities for research studies within an assigned area or unit. Directs participant enrollment in research studies and assures integrity of study records. Prepares and submits documentation for institutional and governmental grant progress review and budget monitoring.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in a Health Sciences or related field and at least two (2) years of Clinical Research experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
Certifications, Licenses or Registration Required: Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Excellent knowledge of good clinical practice and FDA regulations. Superior oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with patients, physicians, staff, and study sponsors. Knowledge and understanding of computer systems, tools, and programs. Ability to assume a leadership role in a team environment. Working knowledge of IRB submissions/amendments, patient screening and consenting. Excellent organizational skills.
- Assumes responsibility for all aspects of study recruitment, screening, enrollment, and visits for eligible participants. Administers study-related procedures & instruments; directs participants for hospital and physician procedures.
- Ensures that research personnel are knowledgeable about all components of the study protocol and that staff roles and responsibilities are delineated.
- Oversees and manages scheduling, documentation, and follow-ups with research participants. Supervises patient education and referrals.
- Monitors study budgets and billings to insure adequacy of funds and compliance with UMMC policies and federal regulations.
- Corresponds with study investigators, sponsors, regulatory agencies, and UMMC compliance personnel on matters related to study documentation, records, data and operations.
- Prepares IRB documents and progress reports. Oversees maintenance of regulatory documents, files, and reports.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Requires frequent exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, frequent handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, frequent exposure to bio-hazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, occasional working hours significantly beyond regularly scheduled hours, occasional travelling to offsite locations, occasional activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, occasional work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, frequent bending, occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, frequent crouching/stooping, occasional driving, occasional kneeling, frequent pushing/pulling, frequent reaching, frequent sitting, frequent standing, frequent twisting, and frequent walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
Time Type: Full time
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt: Yes
Pay Class: Salary
FTE %: 100
Work Shift: Day
Benefits Eligibility: Benefits Eligible
Job Posting Date: 03/3/2023
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):
Location: Jackson, MS
Job date: Sun, 05 Mar 2023 08:58:27 GMT
Click Here To Apply