State of South Carolina
Job title: Community Liaison Coordinator / 61015786
Company: State of South Carolina
Job description: Do you have a passion to provide meaningful contributions to your community? Would you like to be part of an organization whose central mission is helping to protect, stabilize and strengthen the lives of South Carolina’s children, families, and vulnerable adults? If so, the SC Department of Social Services has the right job opportunity for you!
- The Community Liaison Coordinator coordinates, advocates, and problem solves, serving as a community liaison for children dually involved with the juvenile justice system, Department of Disabilities & Special Needs (DDSN), or educational system.
- Advocates, monitors, and problem solves services for children dually-involved with the juvenile justice system and DDSN. Coordinates with DSS staff to ensure services timely and meet the educational needs of children. Attends inter-agency meetings and ensures appropriate staff are active participants in interagency case consultations.
- Provides support to identify placement and therapeutic services for youth. Participates in child and family team meetings and congregate care consultations as requested. Serves as DJJ and DDSN regional liaison. Problem solves, participates and provides needed information to DJJ and DDSN on dually involved children.
- Understands and helps to implement the requirements of Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). Serves as the ESSA regional coordinator and liaison for school districts, coordinates and problem solves ESSA services. In conjunction with educational specialists provides guidance to staff in coordinating appropriate educational services for children and participate in educational meetings such as 504, IEP and manifestation hearings to advocate for needed services. Coordinates educational training when needed. Ensures services for DSS children are provided according to state and federal laws in a timely manner.
- Performs Red Cross shelter duty or other emergency shelter duty or services as directed.
A Bachelor’s Degree and three (3) years of professional experience in social services programs, correctional, education, business administration, general administrative management, or relevant program experience.
A Master’s Degree and two (2) year of professional experience in social services programs, correctional, education, business administration, general administrative management, or relevant program experience.
This application for employment with the SC Department of Social Services must be completed in its entirety. A resume may be included; but shall not be substituted in lieu of the completion of this application in part or in whole. “See Resume” is not acceptable information for the completion of any part of the requirements of this application. If such is submitted, this employment application will be considered incomplete and may not be forwarded as eligible for consideration to hiring managers.
Must possess a valid driver’s license. Frequent travel throughout SC may be required as well as occasional overnight trips. Use of personal vehicle may be required.
If you certify, by completion and submission of this application, that you possess educational credentials that qualify you for the available DSS positions, you will be required to provide a certified official transcript, if you are selected for job offer.
DIVISION: Well-Being Team / Horry (Conway) County
Expected salary: $43030 – 79616 per year
Location: Horry County, SC
Job date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 08:52:57 GMT
Click Here To Apply