ALWAYS CURIOUS, ALWAYS DRIVEN, ALWAYS ON
Pengate Handling Systems, Inc. is a strong and growing material handling solutions provider throughout the northeast. Our dealership sells and services the Raymond line of forklifts and associated material handling equipment to a variety of customers enabling them to substantially improve their efficiency and productivity. Think about it, almost everything we eat, drink, wear, or use was moved with the equipment and systems that material handling companies sell and maintain. If you are looking for a challenging career where you can advance and make a difference, Pengate is a place for you! As such, we invest in our associates through career development, continuing education, advancement opportunities, job stability, competitive compensation, great benefits, and a culture unlike any other. Pengate Handling Systems, Inc. is proud to be awarded the “Dealer of Distinction” by the Raymond Corporation.
We are currently seeking a candidate that has experience-based management, leadership, and motivational skills. As a Continuous Improvement Manager, you will serve as a Toyota Production System (TPS) facilitator in support of the continuous improvement of our business operations. Assists our business leaders by identifying and executing continuous improvement initiatives and provides educational lectures, workshops, and seminars to educate and grow the TPS capabilities of our associates. Travel is required (projected at 25% overall) to facilitate the required sessions.
Challenge Yourself! Join our dynamic, growing and successful team today.
Why work for us?
- Competitive Wages
- Great insurance options with low premiums
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401k with company match
- Company paid Group Term Life Insurance
- Assists in training colleagues in the development, implementation, coordination, and maintenance of TPS programs.
- Identifies and segregates problems which can be addressed through the implementation of TPS tools.
- Mentors and coaches’ employees, sharing job specific knowledge. Encourages training and development opportunities.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and cross-functional teams to ensure accuracy during content and material development and updating processes.
- Creates an environment that fosters and supports continuous improvement and demonstrates a sense of urgency that results in a commitment to quality results.
- Facilitates and educates on a wide variety of TPS topics and understands how to apply and model the TPS methodology to the actual work environment.
- Focuses on breaking down organizational barriers. Promotes an environment of collaboration, trust, and professional relationships. Leads cross-functional projects and support projects. Demonstrates high level of commitment to teamwork and supports cross-functional team involvement.
- Provides feedback on training experiences with a focus on points for improvement and enhancement of training offerings.
- Take responsibility for strategic initiative projects as appropriate to further drive operational excellence and CI.
- On occasion, participates in other TPS application events throughout the Raymond enterprise.
- Collaborates and works effectively with Raymond/Dealer TPS Project Teams.
- Interfaces professionally with all levels of Raymond and Dealer management.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Number of overall years necessary: 3-5
- Previous experience of practical and hands-on application of TPS is preferred
- Experience creating and working within a lean business environment
- 3-5 years of professional experience in a progressive business environment with a proven track record of performance management.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in business, education, training, or a related field.
- Project management experience a plus.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent presentation skills
- Self-motivated and driven individual who possesses high quality standards
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to balance simultaneous requests
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, strong work ethic and a strong attention to detail.
Pengate Handling Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $130,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location