Dextera Business Services
Dextera Business Services, a consulting firm in Little Rock, Arkansas, is seeking a Controller for a client manufacturing company in central Arkansas. The Controller will have responsibility for planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions and financial reporting activities. This is a new position that will report directly to the President of the company. The Controller will be eligible for a quarterly bonus.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Formulate, plan and direct the company’s financial and accounting policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems.
- Ensure that the company’s accounting policies and procedures meet internal control requirements and are compliant with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Oversee and assess accounting operations to ensure the application of best practices; offer recommendations for improvement and/or cost savings; implement new processes as needed.
- Ensure that processes for financial reporting allow for accurate, reliable and timely reporting and tracking of financial transactions and enable early detection of potential financial irregularities.
- Manage the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of business results; develop financial performance benchmarks and metrics and track progress against benchmarks to identify and resolve gaps to improve profit margins.
- Manage the budget process; collect and analyze financial data for preparation of the budget and financial forecasts; report budget variances and recommend corrective action.
- Coordinate the preparation of internal and external financial statements as well as preparation of regulatory reporting to comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Provide timely, accurate and complete financial statements, forecasts, and budget variance reports to enable management to make sound, fully informed business decisions.
- Supervise, manage and develop accounting staff.
- Provide financial analyses as needed for capital investments, pricing decisions and contract negotiations.
- Prepare documentation for grants, loans, and other funding opportunities.
- Scope will include metrics beyond finance including measuring the metrics for “Key Reporting Activities” (KRAs): People, Quality, Service and Cost with the implementation of better cost accounting systems.
- Coordinate and oversee accounting at related business operations.
- Proven proficiency in spreadsheets, databases and financial software applications including QuickBooks and Microsoft Power BI.
- Knowledge of all aspects of accounting practices, principles and procedures including GAAP.
- Knowledge of corporate finance, information analysis and financial diagnosis.
- Proven analytical and financial modeling skills.
- Leadership skills, including coaching, mentoring and employee development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally.
- Thorough knowledge of financial processes including budget development, month-end/year-end financial closure and reporting.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required; Master’s degree in business administration (MBA) or professional accreditation such as certified public accountant (CPA) or certified management accountant (CMA) a plus.
- Seven years of accounting and/or finance experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued.
- Proven experience in project management tools.
- Hands-on experience working with statistical analysis and statistical packages.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Knowledge of cost accounting with manufacturing experience is preferred but not required.
About the Company:
The hiring company is family owned and operated, has been in business over 40 years, and is nationally recognized in the industry. Employees enjoy working in a close-knit, family atmosphere with modern offices, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and opportunities for professional and personal growth. The company offers a competitive salary and benefits package including a company-match retirement plan, paid time off, and medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 – $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: One location