Administrative Office 3.5★
Full Time Exempt | The Controller is responsible for oversight of the accounting and billing-related functions for Thrive Services, LLC of Presbyterian Senior Living (PSL) including the month end close process, preparation of financial statements, audits, account reconciliations, accounts payable, billing, budgeting, and other related projects as assigned. Responsible for coordinating all tax filings with audit firm. Responsible for the creation and/or modification of financial projections and/or analysis as requested by management. Supervision of team as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, OR ten or more years of general ledger accounting experience required
- Prior experience with computerized accounting systems is required
- Prior experience working in the not-for-profit, healthcare industry is strongly preferred
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required
- Working knowledge of third-party reimbursement is strongly preferred
- Develops, revises, implements and/or supervises the development, revision, and implementation of accounting, and/or accounts payable-related policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, including GAAP.
- Prepares and/or supervises the preparation of financial statements and reports, including the review and/or input of journal entries, account reconciliations, and other analysis as deemed necessary by the VP of Finance.
- Responsible for satisfying audit requests timely.
- Responsible for assisting leadership with accounting-related issues, including periodic review of financial statements.
- Supervises the billing for Benchmark Therapies.
- Assists and/or supervises all billing and A/R functions and works closely with the PSL Director of Accounts Receivable.
- Supervises the preparation of year-end tax filings.
- Responsible for ensuring that all reports are filed timely.
- Responsible for the coordination and oversight of a proactive budget process that includes productive engagement with operations staff and management.
- Prepares and/or supervises the budget process as it relates to preparing budgets, budget tools, assisting staff with budget preparation.
- Assists with the review of budgets prepared by others.
- Responsible for preparing budget summaries for management.
- May be required to attend Board meetings.
- Completes other accounting-related projects as assigned by management, including but not limited to the development of financial models for analysis and projections based on various financial and operational assumptions.
- Responsible for or makes recommendations regarding the recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of accounting and accounts payable staff.
- Responsible for training, supervision and implementation of development and/or corrective action plans for accounting and accounts payable staff as assigned.
- At least annually, evaluates the job performance of accounting and accounts payable staff as assigned.
- Communicates job performance with staff as assigned on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for the completion of all required record-keeping related to these processes.
- Responsible for communicating financial results and other related information to management, including the Board of Directors and Trustees, as requested.
Presbyterian Senior Living is a large not-for-profit organization comprised of a variety of locations, services and levels of care. Our organization is dedicated to our mission to provide compassionate, vibrant and supportive communities and services to promote wholeness of body, mind and spirit.