University of Mississippi
Job title: Coordinator of Basketball Operations (Men’s)
Company: University of Mississippi
Job description: Note for Current UM Employees
Current employees must apply internally via connectU
Definition of Class
This position coordinates the daily operations for the University’s basketball program. The incumbent assists with scheduling regular season games, coordinates and schedules events and coordinates film exchange with other institutions.
Examples of Work Performed
- Ensures compliance with NCAA and SEC rules and regulations.
- Keeps coaches informed of rules and regulations.
- Communicates with other institutions regarding delivery and receipt of game film.
- Utilizes video/audio equipment to videotape games of opponents.
- Coordinates team travel, including transportation arrangements, lodging, and meals.
- Ensures luggage and equipment meets federal aviation requirements.
- Coordinates practice times at sites when traveling.
- Schedules practice and shoot around times and oversees the preparation of the practice floor.
- Assists with the development of regular season game schedule including dates and times.
- Coordinates and organizes summer camps and clinics and promotes sports camps as appropriate.
- Assists with budget development and monitors expenditures.
- Meets with head coach on a regular basis.
- Hires, supervises, and monitors the performance of student managers
- Represents the basketball program at functions and events as necessary.
- Ensures all assigned tasks are in compliance with department, University, Southeastern Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned or required.
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following. Additional essential functions may be identified and included by the hiring department. * Provides administrative support to the Head Basketball Coach.
- Coordinates Film Exchange and other special events.
- Ensures compliance with SEC and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Assists with the scheduling of regular season games.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
One (1) year of experience related to the above described duties.
Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set forth and approved by the Department of Human Resources.
Interview Requirements: Any candidate who is called for an interview must notify the Department of Equal Opportunity/Regulatory Compliance in writing of any reasonable accommodation needed prior to the date of the interview.
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges, to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty, executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary ranges.
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any employment practice, education program, or education activity to all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe campus community. UM conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Job date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 07:47:52 GMT
Click Here To Apply