Daisy Brand 3.6★
The Corp. Project Engineer will be a member of the Corporate Engineering Team with members based in Dallas Texas, Wooster Ohio, and Casa Grande Arizona. The Corp. Project Engineer will manage and support both processing and packaging equipment installations, integration, as well as managing contractors during installation, startup and commissioning. The primary software applications for this position will be Rockwell Automation, Control Logix 5000, Aveva (Wonderware) Archestra. The primary focus of this position will be project management of new installations, optimization as well as continuous improvement initiatives. The Corp. Project Engineer will report directly to the Corporate Project Engineering Manager. The position will function as a technical resource that may be called upon by any one of the three production facilities. This is a service-oriented role that will work closely with various departments, and/or peers to problem solve and assist as needed.
The Responsibilities of the Corp. Project Engineer include, but are not limited to the following:
- Project Management – Manage Capital Projects from Conceptual Design through Start-up. This would include, but not limited to: cost estimating, specifications, design, PID review and management of timelines.
- In the field directing contractor of all trades, working with OEM technicians, and working with plant personnel will be part of the role’s responsibility
- Installation, I/O Checkout, Startup, and Plant Acceptance
- Design and Specification of OEM Equipment, Automation Panels and Hardware
- Provide Direction and Support for PLC ladder logic programming and HMI Applications
- Provide Technical Mentorship and Direction for other Engineers, Maintenance and Operations Personnel.
- Works closely with Daisy’s Corporate Controls and Automation group to prepare for and support all project requiring automation, network integration and controls work.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelors of Science in an Engineering or related field is preferred (Experience will be considered in lieu of a degree)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing projects.
- Installation and startup of Process and/or Packaging equipment is preferred.
- Ability to utilize Rockwell software to aid in commissioning of Ladder Logic Programming
- Excellent Formal and Informal Communication Skills, Professional Attitude, and Professional Appearance.
- Experience in AutoCAD is preferred
- Strong Computer Skills (Word, Excel, MS Project)
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLCs is required
- Experience with Wonderware, Archestra System Platform and/or MES is preferred
- Experience with Project Management of large capital initiatives.
For more than four generations (over 100 years), Daisy Brand has been a family-owned company committed to providing the freshest, most wholesome dairy products with over half a billion in revenues. The company is headquartered in Dallas, Texas with manufacturing plants in Garland, Texas (opened in 1998), Casa Grande, Arizona (opened in 2008), and Wooster, Ohio (opened in late 2015).
Daisy is the market leader in two billion-dollar categories, Sour Cream and Cottage Cheese. Daisy Sour Cream represents 1 out of every 2 sour cream purchases in the United States and is also Americas #1 Cottage Cheese Brand. Additionally, Daisy is the largest brand in food service, military, and club and is recognized by consumers for A Dollop of Daisy, a tagline that put this once small brand on the map.
Daisy’s core values are Clean and Trust, which are woven into everything we do. In 2008, the company was given the impressive American Business Ethics award, awarded by Foundation for Financial Service Professionals.
While maintaining a strong culture of curious and innovative problem-solvers, Daisy Brand has more than doubled employment over the last 15 years and is continuing to grow.
Daisy Brand offers an industry leading benefits package that includes:
- A no-deductible, $0 premium option for employee-only health coverage.
- 401(k) with 50% company match on first 8% of earnings you contribute.
- Safe harbor and profit-sharing company contributions to 401(k).
- Company paid short- and long-term disability coverage.
- Company paid 2X annual salary life and AD&D insurance.
- 4 weeks annual paid time off.
- Extra time off for volunteering.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Fitness membership reimbursement.
- And more
Daisy Brand is a nicotine-free company. Daisy Brand is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans and disabled encouraged to apply.