State of South Carolina
Job title: Counselor I (General/ Mental Health Caseload)- Gaffney Area Office (Repost)
Company: State of South Carolina
Job description: Job Responsibilities
Join South Carolina state government where you can have a meaningful career, incomparable benefits, and a positive work-life balance!
In this position you will perform the following job duties:
- Prepare & assist eligible South Carolinians with disabilities to achieve and maintain competitive employment by coordinating services to include vocational counseling, guidance, and direct job placement. (General/Mental Health Caseload)
- Conduct and coordinate communication assessments, vocational assessments, career exploration, and job preparation instruction and design individualized plan for employment (IPE).
- Complete caseload management activities weekly
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
- Master’s degree in Vocational Rehabilitation, Counseling, Psychology or other degree qualifying under CSPD guidelines.
- Ability to counsel and advise persons with various physical and mental disabilities toward a vocational goal through Individualized Plans for Employment (IPE) and consideration of the consumers’ interest, abilities and needs.
- Should be able to communicate effectively to establish and maintain effective working relationships with consumers, vendors, employers, the medical community, and coworkers.
- Must be familiar with employment issues related to deafness and hearing loss and familiar with assistive technology and resources available to provide communication access in the workplace.
- Must be able to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
The South Carolina Vocational Rehabilitation Department is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited, to lactation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
The South Carolina Vocational Rehabilitation Department offers an exceptional benefits package for FTE positions that includes:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse, and Children
- 15 days annual (vacation) leave per year
- 15 days sick leave per year
- 13 paid holidays
- State Retirement Plan and Deferred Compensation Programs
If invited to interview, please obtain your Official 10 year driving record from the Department of Motor Vehicles to bring with you.
Official transcripts will be required to verify college degree.
South Carolina is making our veterans a priority for employment in state agencies and institutions. Click for eligibility requirements.
Expected salary: $35360 – 65429 per year
Location: Gaffney, SC
Job date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 05:15:19 GMT
Click Here To Apply