Job title: County Caseworker 1 (Local Government) C&Y – Lebanon County
Company: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Job description: THE POSITION
NOTE: THIS IS A REPOSTING OF CS-2022-23442-L0623. IF YOU APPLIED UNDER THE PREVIOUS POSTING WHICH WAS OPEN FROM MAY 19, 2022 TO JUNE 1, 2022, YOU CANNOT SUBMIT A NEW APPLICATION.
If you have an interest in helping children, youth and families, then we may have the position for you! Lebanon County Children & Youth Services is actively seeking a Caseworker to round out our staff. You will provide a variety of child abuse and neglect services including investigations, in-home services and placement services. These are challenging and very rewarding positions.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This is a professional social work position in a County Children and Youth Agency. An employee in this position provides a full range of social and case management services to children, youth and families. This includes the investigation of child abuse and neglect cases, In-home services to families as well as placement services. An important aspect of this work is the employment of casework skills in obtaining essential information, counseling children and members of their families, and helping them to utilize all available resources. Work also involves the application of problem-solving techniques, monitoring client behavior, and interacting with agencies within the social services network. Work is performed in accordance with established laws, regulations, policies, and procedures, but employees are expected to exercise initiative and judgment in discharging their duties. The employee is responsible for the integrity and accuracy of all documents and reports created in the course of providing these case management services.
- Full-time employment
- Work Hours: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM; Monday – Friday; 1 hour lunch period
- This position includes on-call rotation, and overtime as needed.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: A bachelor’s degree which includes or is supplemented by successful completion of 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social sciences; OR Two years of experience as a County Social Services Aide 3 and two years of college level course work which includes 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social sciences; OR Any equivalent combination of experience and training which includes 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social sciences and one year of experience as a County Social Services Aide 3 or in a similar position performing paraprofessional case management functions.
- PA residency is currently waived for this position.
- Do not submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will not be reviewed and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
- A conditional offer of employment will require submission of criminal history reports.
- This position falls under the provisions of the Child Protective Services Law. Under the Law, a conditional offer of employment will require submission and approval of satisfactory criminal history reports including, but not limited to, PA State Police, Child Abuse history clearance, and FBI clearance.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at .
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
- You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
Benefit packages are determined by the county and may vary. Please contact the applicable county human resource office directly to inquire about a specific benefit package.
Expected salary: $31908.5 per year
Location: Lebanon County, PA
Job date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 05:10:07 GMT
Click Here To Apply