If you’re an experienced recruiting professional looking to bring your skills to a company driven by creativity, we want to hear from you! The Lamar Recruiting team is looking for a Recruiting Specialist with a knack for reaching artists and construction operations crew members. This role will be responsible for providing full-cycle talent acquisition support for Colossal Media, the handpainted mural subsidiary of Lamar Advertising.
This position will work under the supervision of the Lamar HR Recruiting Strategy and DEI Manager to support the hiring strategy of the President of Colossal Media in partnership with Colossal hiring managers. Preference will be given to candidates residing on the East Coast.
Where we’ve come from and where we’re going:
Colossal Media, now a Lamar Advertising subsidiary, is an award-winning Brooklyn-based company celebrated for reviving hand-painted outdoor advertising. Founded in 2004 in the ashes of a forgotten art form, we’ve grown into a premium creative partner for the world’s largest brands, agencies, and artists. Our memorable campaigns build curiosity and amplify exposure through dynamic storytelling, redefining and elevating the out-of-home experience. We have a vision for rapid growth and to make this happen, we need you! Many of our campaigns are captured on film to create a timeless story. These videos are a great way for you to learn more about our business and our mission so take a minute to check them out: https://vimeo.com/colossalmedia
What you can expect from us:
- Annual earning opportunity of $60,000 – $70,000 dependent on relevant skills and experience
Remote work environment
- Multiple medical plan options
- Dental and vision insurance
- Paid company holidays and 120 hours of PTO that increases with tenure
- 401K plan with company contributions for participation
- Incentivized wellness program with up to $1,200 in financial rewards
- Professional development opportunities
- Recognition and rewards for results
- Ability to work alongside a team of 4 recruiting professionals with a fire for camaraderie and innovation
We, both within our HR department and the company nationwide, are committed to celebrating the diverse voices of our employees and creating a work environment that reflects the many communities we reach and the clients we serve. We are also committed to sustainable and environmentally friendly business practices and use a number of innovative strategies to reduce our environmental impact.
A day in the life:
- Own the full recruiting cycle and provide support to hiring managers across all departments of our Colossal Media division including operations, shop, paint, creative, and client partnerships
- Partner with Colossal Media department heads to understand their current hiring needs and execute strategies that align with their objectives
- Utilize UKG Pro ATS, LinkedIn, Creatively, WorkingNotWorking, Craigslist, and other relevant third-party job boards to advertise new job openings
- Source for open positions, and conduct phone screens to identify top talent.
- Work with hiring managers on reviewing screened, qualified candidates and scheduling interviews
- Partner with Colossal stakeholders and the Lamar total rewards team to engage in offer negotiations
- Assist in new hire onboarding including circuit training and mentor assignment
- Conduct outreach and maintain relationships with professional organizations and community networks to recruit painters at all levels and supporting shop roles (eg schools and trade organizations.)
- Partner with Colossal Resource Manager to update and maintain Paint Apprentice Hiring Procedure and Paint Apprentice Onboarding Plan
- Manage Colossal Media employer branding and external recruiting content
- Improve and update employee and painter referral programs
What we’re looking for in you:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Art, Business, Marketing, Construction Management, or HR is preferred
- 3+ years of relevant experience in full-cycle recruiting and talent acquisition
- In lieu of a degree, 5+ years of relevant work experience required
- Established connection to a diverse artist population
Knowledge, skills, and abilities needed on Day One:
- Experience recruiting preferably in fast-paced creative organizations
- Strong problem-solving ability, including metrics-driven thinking
- Ability to network with artists through social media and other relevant digital platforms
- Ability to balance priorities from multiple stakeholders while remaining diplomatic and effective
- Energy, enthusiasm, and passion for the craft of handpainted murals
- Ability to public speak and represent Colossal at schools and community organizations
- High level of organizational skills, and excellent attention to detail
- Comfort working in a deadline-driven environment
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The primary work environment is a home office.
- The specific physical demands/requirements of the job include: lifting less than 10% of the time, reading, color distinction, acuity, sitting greater than 50% of the time, and talking.
- Travel to our Colossal HQ in Brooklyn, NY will be required shortly after the time of hire for training and orientation. The remaining travel requirement is expected to be no greater than once a quarter.
Lamar Advertising + Colossal Media are an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any other State or Federally protected characteristic.
Disability Self-Identification: When applying for a job with Colossal Media, you will be asked to voluntarily self-identify whether you have a disability. Please take a moment to watch this video for clarification on why we’re asking for this information!
California Resident Disclaimer: Colossal Media collects personal information in the ordinary course of considering job applicants. This information may include, for example, name, address, phone number and other contact information, employment history and reference contact information, and any other information provided by an applicant to Colossal Media. By submitting an application, you consent to the use or sharing of this personal information solely for the purpose of consideration for employment by Colossal Media. Colossal Media will not sell this information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)