UPMC - University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Job title: CRNA – Ambulatory Surgery Center, Casual, New Mercy Eye Pavilion
Company: UPMC – University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Job description: Description
University of Pittsburgh Physicians, Anesthesiology Department at UPMC Mercy is hiring several casual Ambulatory Surgery Center CRNAs for our new UPMC Mercy Pavilion, Vision Center. The successful candidate will support flexible, daylight schedule. Our new Pavilion will house 8 ORs for eye disease surgeries. Other Pavilion highlights include 83 eye exam rooms, 10 rehab rooms, 100,6000 square feet of research space, life skills space, and a healing rooftop terrace garden where people can learn how to navigate safe space.
At UPMC Mercy, we are a Level 1 Trauma Center and Burn Unit with Comprehensive Stroke Center. UPMC Mercy CRNA supports every service line, except cardiac, for well-rounded diverse cases. See what being an Advanced Practice Provider can do for UPMC and what UPMC can do for Advanced Practice Providers – it’s more than just a job! Sign-On Bonus Eligible! Come join our UPMC Mercy family of CRNA professionals, today!
What Can You Bring to UPMC?
- Contribute to UPMC’s mission of Life Changing Medicine
- Set the standards for the level and quality of care for the care delivery team
- Provide patient care activities for a group of patients and their families through the application of independent judgment, communication and collaboration with all team members.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with physicians, other health care providers, patients and their families, to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the community and to your health care profession
What UPMC Can Do for You:
- A career path that provides you with the right experience to be successful in the position you want to obtain now and, in the future
- Health and welfare benefits like medical, vision, dental, and life and disability, and an exceptional retirement program
- Work life balance to help manage other importance aspects of your life such as: PTO, wellness programs, paid parental leave
- Competitive pay for the work that you do – base pay, merit, and premium pay
The CRNA provides anesthetic care for all types of patients in cooperation with the supervising or medically directing physician and under the standards of the Department of Anesthesiology and in accordance with hospital policies and procedures. The CRNA administers anesthesia to patients rendering them insensitive to pain during surgery, monitors the patient’s physical reaction to sedatives, analgesics, and anesthetic agents and informs the anesthesiologist of any adverse condition that potentially threatens the safety or care of the patient.
- Assumes responsibility and is accountable for controlled substances according to department and hospital policy and State and federal guidelines.
- Administers anesthesia and anesthesia-related care in four general categories: (1) pre-anesthetic preparation and evaluation; (2) anesthesia induction, maintenance, and emergence, (3) post-anesthesia care, and (4) peri-anesthesia clinical support functions.
- Assists with the teaching and evaluation of newly-hired CRNAs, GRNAs, and SRNAs in the clinical area.
- Performs according to established policies, procedures, and regulatory standards. Review appropriate documentation for informed consent and identify appropriate surgical site with operating room staff and surgeon in accordance with departmental and regulatory compliance standards. Participates in the Quality Improvement (QI) process through case documentation, incident reporting, evaluation, education, and implementation of the QI plan.
Graduate of an accredited nurse anesthesia education program required. Knowledgeable regarding controlled substance policies in accordance with Federal and State laws required. Master’s degree preferred.This position is dependent upon successful attainment and maintenance of hospital privileges, if applicable to the Business Unit practice.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania required. Board Certified, Recertified or eligible by the Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists required. CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire.AHA-approved ACLS/PALS certifications as required by institution of employ upon hire. Act 33, 34, and 73 clearances required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC’s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.
UPMC has a Center for Engagement and Inclusion that is charged with executing leading-edge and next- generation diversity strategies to advance the organization’s diversity management capability and its national presence as a diversity leader. This includes having Employee Resources Groups, such as PRIDE Health or UPMC ENABLED (Empowering Abilities and Leveraging Difference) Network, that support the implementation of our diversity strategy.
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 08:35:31 GMT
Click Here To Apply