Job title: Culinary Arts Teacher – CTE
Company: Teach Mississippi
Job description: QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution
. Applicants must hold a valid Mississippi Educator license with endorsement code: 972
Experience is preferred but not necessary for hiring.
REPORTS TO: CTE Director
SUPERVISES: Students and Volunteers
POSITION SUMMARY The Culinary Arts program is a series of prescribed courses for 9th -12th grade students that provide a strong foundation in the culinary industry. Culinary Arts delivers industry-based instruction that develops student competencies leading to post-secondary education or entry-level back of the house or front of the house employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To have a mastery level of their curriculum outcomes and be able to articulate these to students, parents, and patrons.
- Provide rigorous and relevant instructions on pre-approved hands-on curriculum in the content area and general workplace readiness.
- Integrate soft-skill instruction into competency-based content area activities
- Support students in industry into competency-based content area activities, professional organizations and postsecondary initiatives.
- To contribute to the continuing development of improved curriculum to achieve the outcomes of the school district.
- To utilize accepted principles of learning and human growth in motivating students and in directing learning activities.
- To provide for appropriate student participation in developing and achieving classroom mastery level concepts.
- To have the ability to disaggregate test data and determine areas to provide instruction for each student.
- Provide continuous monitoring and recording of student mastery level concepts commensurate with curriculum.
- To implement student portfolios and help students select items to be included in their portfolios.
- To maintain a classroom climate conducive to learning.
- To practice, and help students acquire, the values, attitudes and skills necessary to become resourceful and creative self-sufficient citizens.
- To continually plan learning activities that recognize the different needs, abilities and skills necessary for effective participation in our diverse society.
- To assist students with understanding and the application of classroom learning to everyday situations and for life-long learning.
- To utilize student support services to achieve student success to the maximum of their abilities.
- To report student progress to parents in an accurate and professional manner, and assist student in learning to evaluate their own progress.
- To be resourceful in utilizing community resources when it enhances learning.
- To assist students in developing obtainable goals to build positive self-concepts.
- To participate in the planning and supervision of student activities.
- To demonstrate effective use and proper care of materials and supplies.
- To demonstrate and model continuous professional growth and to apply the learning to classroom activities.
- Be a building team member that will share matters relating to the improvement of the educational program with the principal.
- To continually develop a cooperative, energetic, flexible and creative working relationship with students, colleagues and administration.
- To implement and carry out all applicable policies, rules and regulations, and decisions of the Board of Education and the administration.
- To prepare and maintain such records and reports as required by law and by the Board of Education and the administration.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss students’ progress and interpret the school program.
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms using a keyboard and video display terminal. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 35 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is a standard office setting and school/classroom combined with a server room. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate and occasionally high.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. The job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The school district may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems applicable.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 190 Days. Salary for this position shall be commensurate with the years of experience as determined under the policies and procedures of the Moss Point School District and in accordance with the teacher pay scale.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board of Trustees’ policy on evaluation of District personnel
Powered by Aspex Solutions – AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions – You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs – all from AppliTrack school districts.
Job date: Wed, 08 Mar 2023 07:57:21 GMT
Click Here To Apply