Hisco is a specialty distribution and fabrication company serving the electronic assembly, aerospace, defense, medical, electronics, and other industrial markets with offices throughout the United States, Mexico and Canada. It has successfully served its customers for over 50 years. Key to Hisco’s success is the fact that it is one of the original ESOP companies, where employees are the owners of the company. Employee owners’ goals are to continually improve service, warehousing, fabrication, automated inventory, packaging, shipping with their signature fast and friendly service.
Depending on experience the pay range is C$22- C$24
Provide information in response to customer inquiries concerning account status, products, services, purchase orders and shipments. Resolve product and service related needs and issues in a timely and professional manner. This is a small location this means that this candidate will also be backup for the warehouse when needed. Responsible for order pulling, product receiving, shipping, packaging, labeling, inventory tracking, and other warehouse related tasks.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Interacts with customers and provide information in response to inquiries about accounts, products, and services
- Perform Contract Review at the quoting stage, customer PO acceptance stage, during the order entry stage and the final order entry review stage
- Upselling and Cross-selling of products to improve profitability
- Perform Order Entry and Processing using the optimal type of OE Types (Types: Direct Orders, Future Orders, Stock Orders, Blanket, Blanket Release, JIT )
- Collaborates with Accounts Receivables Clerk to verify credit status as required
- Supports call center efforts.
- Handle dispute resolution on customer complaints, special orders and/or returns
- Accurately pull, ship and receive hazardous and non-hazardous material.
- Ensure orders are shipped to proper customer location, minimizing spill rates.
- Monitor bin locations, self life and FIFO, and inventory counting
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- High school diploma and/or GED required
- 2+ years working experience required; preferably in customer service, e-commerce, technical support, clerical, or sales
- Proficient with computers especially in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel
- Customer service/sales training within the last 2 years a plus
- Attentive to detail and excellent follow-through
- Professional telephone and email etiquette
- Sense of urgency
- Customer focused / fast, friendly service mentality
- Prolonged sitting for long periods of time
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. if necessary
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Can adjust to fluctuation in warehouse temperatures
In addition to 10 paid holidays and paid sick time, vacation is accrued at 6.67 hours per month after successful completion of a 90-day introductory employment period.