- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Work from home
- Communication skills
- Computer skills
- High school diploma or GED
Do you love helping people and sharing your knowledge?
Do you want to grow your career with a company that rewards your hard work?
Do you want to improve your work / life balance and work from the comfort of home?
Join our Transcom family as a Work At Home Customer Service Agent!
In this Full-Time employee role, you’ll support our client’s customers with their questions related to billing and account maintenance. Customers may have questions about services on their account, need help enrolling in or canceling a service, or disputing a charge.
- $17.31 Starting Pay
- Plus performance-based incentives each month, earning potential
- Pay increases with continuous learning and advancement to new tiers of support
- Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k)
- Paid Vacation Time
- Computer Equipment Provided
- 100% REMOTE – Work-at-Home
- Great Work/Life Balance while developing your career
We’ve got an exciting career opportunity for you, if you can:
- Effortlessly engage with callers, actively listen, analyze their need, and provide solutions
- Comfortably navigate multiple applications to research solutions
- Multitask in systems while patiently providing step-by-step instructions
- Calmly provide conflict resolution and navigate frustrated customer situations
- Work independently with discipline and motivation to succeed in a virtual environment
- Work in a highly structured environment with strict adherence to your assigned full-time schedule taking high-volume inbound calls from customers.
- Work at a desk, wearing a wired headset, while talking to customers in a high-volume, fast-paced, and sometimes stressful environment
What’s In It For You?
- Position as a Transcom employee (not an independent contractor)
- Computer for this role is provided by Transcom
- Paid Vacation
- Health Benefits for you and your family
- 401(k) Investment options with employer match opportunities
- 100% work at home, including training
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ability to develop your skills and grow your career
- An opportunity to work for a company passionate about people
- At least 18 years or older
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Able to successfully pass a criminal background check
- Able to work a full-time work week of 32-40 hours, with overtime opportunities as needed
- Able to maintain 100% strict adherence to the assigned schedule
- Able to work a variety of shifts, including: evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Able to work full-time hours, with reliable attendance, as outlined in the assigned schedule
- Strong computer knowledge, including ability to accurately type at least 40 wpm
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Courteous and friendly with high level of professionalism
- Willingness to follow procedures and adhere to policies
- Able to multitask applications while talking to customers on the phone
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to actively listen to customer needs and demonstrate empathy
- Ability to work in an environment where you must sit, reach, communicate (verbally and electronically), type, read, multitask, and concentrate in a prolonged setting.
- Previous call center and/or work from home experience preferred
- \*Must live and work in one of the following states:
AL, AR, FL, GA, ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MO, MS, MT, NE, NH, NC, ND, OH, OK, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI
Home Office Requirements
Transcom provides you an all-in-one computer, monitor, and headset for this position. The computer contains a built-in webcam that is required to be used for training and meetings.
- You must have a secure, quiet, distraction-free work environment without any conflicting responsibilities during your scheduled work shift. (Conflicting responsibilities may include caring for a family member)
- Your home office must have a DSL, Fiber, or Cable Internet that is hardwired into a modem/router via Ethernet.
(Dial up, Wireless, Mobile Hotspot, or Satellite internet service cannot be used)
- Minimum download speed 20 Mbps
- Minimum upload speed 3 Mbps
- Ping less than 100 ms
Although the computer is provided if you are hired, you will need a home desktop or laptop computer that is hardwired using an Ethernet connection to complete the typing and internet speed assessments during the application. This is a requirement to be considered for this employment opportunity.
Transcom is a global customer experience specialist, providing customer care, sales, technical support and credit management services through our extensive network of contact centers and work-at-home agents. We are 30,000+ customer experience specialists at over 60 contact centers across 25 countries, delivering services in 33 languages to international brands in various industry verticals.
Right now, we are growing our virtual footprint in North America and currently hire remote employees in 32 states and 3 Canadian provinces. Proud to be recognized by FlexJobs as #12 on their list of the Top 100 companies to watch for remote work in 2022.
We are the voice of our clients. We are Transcom.
We are passionate about people and look forward to meeting you!
Important Information about the Application and Interview Process at Transcom:
- Transcom will NEVER ask for your personal information until AFTER you have been given a written offer of employment, which comes after a live interview with a recruiter.
- Transcom will NEVER invite you to an interview without you first successfully completing our ENTIRE application process, including assessments.
- Transcom will NEVER ask you to pay to get a job from us. We have no registration fees and Transcom pays for your background check.
- Transcom will NEVER send you a check to purchase equipment.
- Transcom will NEVER ask you to send any money to a third party.
- Transcom will NEVER ask you to provide your banking information to directly to us.
- Transcom will NEVER ask you to purchase gift cards.
- Transcom uses Adobe Connect in our interviews, not Skype, Telegram or Zoom.
- Mark Lyndsell, our CEO in the Global English Region does not interview.
- Don Barryman, our EVP in the Global English Region does not interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $17.31 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: Remote