University of Arkansas System
Job title: Data Analyst – Associate
Company: University of Arkansas System
Job description: Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter “Find Jobs” in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position: Research
Job Type: Regular
Sponsorship Available: No
Institution Name: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
The safety of our team members at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is our top priority. For this reason, successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file with our Student & Employee Health Services dept. UAMS will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks (available for benefits eligible positions only):
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for qualifying staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
UAMS is an of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (501) 686-6432 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
At UAMS we value Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Visit our website to learn more:
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at .
Department: CI | Cancer Clinical Trials Office
Summary of Job Duties: Performs data collection and entry to support CCTRA oncology clinical trials which includes: pharmaceutical (industry) sponsored, cooperative group, and investigator initiated trials. Must be able to organize complex projects, provide attention to detail, and communicate effectively. Must be able to submit data in a timely manner. Must ensure data follows the ALCOA+C (Attributable, Legible, Contemporaneous, Original, Accurate, and Complete) good clinical research documentation practices. Works closely with Clinical Research Coordinators (CRC), CRC Manager and Clinical Research Nurses (CRNs) to manage the day-to-day operations and objectives in support of the assigned portfolio. Contributes information and ideas related to areas of responsibility as part of a cross functional team. Ensures effective and efficient workflow and adherence to quality standards for staff/program and self. Maintains a working knowledge of the Code of Federal Regulations and the code of conduct for human research. Works directly with pharmaceutical company sponsors, institutional investigators, cooperative group personnel, and research staff.
- Interprets institutional, sponsor, and regulatory policies related to clinical trial data collection, management, and reporting to ensure departmental adherence.
- Facilitates effective communication among staff, PIs and other research/clinical professionals, senior leaders of UAMS, and study sponsors.
- Ensures strict adherence to all regulatory requirements such as the reporting of serious adverse events and protocol variations in the timeline required by the study sponsor and the Institutional Review Board. Participates in the development and maintenance of electronic infrastructure and clinical trial management suite.
- Advises the PI on administrative requirements necessary as required per protocol. Monitors protocol status and advises PI on requirements and deadlines.
- Abstracts source data from medical records.
- Manages the collection and transmission of data via protocol designated electronic data capture (EDC) system or paper case report forms (CRFs).
- Enters study visit information into the EDC system per timeline specified in the contract.
- Answers queries generated by the EDC or research monitor and consults with research staff as needed.
- Ensures data integrity for clinical trials and research projects by maintaining precise and detailed research records.
- Conducts follow up phone calls to research subjects and collects quality of life data in collaboration with the study team.
- Assists research staff in general administrative tasks.
- Assists departmental faculty/PI in the development, preparation, and submission of research protocols and related documentation. Confers with PI and support staff to secure necessary documents for proposals.
- Assists in the screening, recruitment, selection, consenting, and enrollment of subjects.
- Assists with the development, implementation, maintenance, and evaluation of quality assurance plan for conduct of clinical trials, while working closely with sponsor representatives to address and respond to monitoring and auditing reports.
Additional duties may be assigned to this position
- Participates in the development of electronic infrastructure and process improvement, including UAMS’ clinical trial management suite. Maintains appropriate professional competencies including human subject research training and continuing education.
- Customer Service: Interacts with and assists the public in a professional and friendly manner as needed.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills; communicates accurate and complete information; maintains strict confidentiality when necessary.
- Demonstrates positive working relationships with co-workers, management team, and ancillary departments; follows the Core Concepts of Patient and Family Centered Care and the Basic Code of Conduct Guidelines.
- Assists internal and external stakeholders as needed with exceptional customer service.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR Associate’s degree plus 2 years’ project management, data collection, data entry or relatable experience OR High School Diploma or GED plus 4 years of experience.
- Obtain CRS certification within 2 years of hire.
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to operate under close supervision, receiving instructions on routine work and general instructions on routine assignments.
- Skill and ability to communicate with others verbally or in writing to provide or obtain information.
- Skill and ability to perform moderately varied tasks requiring some interpretation of results within a moderate scope and a review of identifiable factors.
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- Skill and ability to compile, analyze, and summarize data.
- Knowledge and skill with word processing, spreadsheet, and e-mail computer software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Skill and ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Skill and ability to attend to details.
- Skill and ability to cope with work activities that may be repetitive in nature.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of data and records.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Clinical research experience, Oncology experience, data collection experience.
Salary Information: 000,000
Required Documents to Apply: Resume
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Recruitment Contact Information:
Please contact for any recruiting related questions.
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements: Annual TB Screening, Criminal Background Check, Substance Abuse Testing
This position is subject to pre-employment screening (criminal background, drug testing, and/or education verification). A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Constant Physical Activity: Sitting, Standing, Talking, Walking
Frequent Physical Activity: Crawling, Crouching, Kneeling, Lifting, Reaching, Stooping
Occasional Physical Activity: Standing
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Job date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 08:49:34 GMT
Click Here To Apply