The Datacenter Automation Systems (DAS) team is committed to the successful implementation of autonomous and semi-autonomous vehicles throughout multiple datacenters. CBRE is seeking a full-time, permanent, CAD Operator with experience in MEP design, manufacturing or data center robotics-centric automation solutions. The DAS CAD Operator will report to the Client-approved location:
- Moncks Corner, SC – full time / on site
- Acquire clear understanding of product requirements by reviewing, understanding, interpreting and revising technical specifications, blueprints and engineering illustrations, mockups, and prototypes.
- Ability to read and interpret design standards and specifications, blueprints, drawings, redlines, etc
- Coordinate the CAD design for Navigation Tape and GeoMarker installation package
- Installation Drawings
- Navigation DesignLayout
- GeoMarker datum development
- Material Takeoff
- Working understanding of construction design package development for field installation.
- Ability to translate existing field conditions from documentation and redlines to revise/edit design drawing packages.
- Ability to learn software such as Lucidchart to generate shape files for navigation translated from design drawings. .
- Capable of managing shifting design production to coordinate with field installation schedules.
- Coordinate file management with 3rd party teams for document file transfer.
- Maintain audits of latest design revisions against floor plan modifications.
- Ability to perform repetitive field measurement tasks for long durations such as bending, kneeling, squatting ,walking, climbing stairs, etc.
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or related field. Minimum two or more years’ construction administration, architecture, engineering or similar experience.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Working towards or eligible for licensure as either a Professional Engineer or Registered Architect is desired.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions. Conducts basic financial analysis.
Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to read and understand architectural drawings. Working knowledge in MS Project is helpful. Knowledge of leases, contracts, and construction practices preferred. 3+ years of minimum proficiency in the use of AutoCAD and Revit. Knowledge of Best Management Practices CAD/BIM environment. Autodesk Software – CAD BIM Solidworks BIM360 etc.
Basic knowledge of the entitlement/permitting process and construction delivery methods and agreements. Some familiarity with construction best practices, general building codes, and various building types and systems. Passion for being detail oriented and highly organized.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
NOTE: Some, but not all, of our positions may have an additional requirement to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing. If you have questions about the requirement(s) for this position, please inform your Recruiter.