State of South Carolina
Job title: Dean of Library Services
Company: State of South Carolina
Job description: Under the general supervision of the Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Dean of the Library Services serves as the principal administrator the Learning Resources and Technology Center. The dean is responsible for the establishment, implementation, supervision, and evaluation of the policy and procedures necessary to meet the institution’s mission and the objectives of the Learning Resources Center.
- Manages and provides library services to students, faculty, staff, and the community. Manages the college’s archives.
- Manages and supervises professional librarians and support staff.
- Coordinates and supervises all library automation planning, implementation, and upgrades.
- Develops, prepares, and oversees the library’s annual operating budget (state and federal) and administers the Fiscal Affairs of the Learning Resources Center.
- Teaches Information Literacy and library orientation classes to students and faculty.
- Assesses the quality and effectiveness of all library programs and services using library standards.
- Performs other professional duties as assigned.
- Participates in local, state, and national professional organizations and activities.
Master of Science Degree in Library Science or related field. Two years of experience working in higher education.
Knowledge of library and research databases; strong written and communication skills; knowledge of state, federal, and local archival guidelines; possess the ability to handle multiple priorities, implement time management techniques, and present organizational skills.
Two years of experience in a leadership role, preferably in a library or learning resources environment. This position may require overnight travel and weekend and evening hours to support the library and college activities.
Location: Bamberg County, SC
Job date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 08:50:20 GMT
Click Here To Apply